Ch. 3: explaining google to a grown man

They cleaned up dinner without Arthur, as he had gone back to the Ministry to sort out this 'JK Rowling' business. It was over rather quickly, and Elaine found herself sitting at a spot by the fire with the characters she grew up with. It was kind of odd, to talk to them and already know a lot about them. After a while of them asking about Elaine and her life, Elaine found herself sitting with just the children, as Molly went to bed.

"So, they really have a fake world based on novels?" Hermione asked, her eyes full of wonder.

"Oh, yea. It's amazing. They have all sorts of things there. They have copies of your wands, and they're got candy and merchandise and of course the roller coasters are amazing! Oh my word, the frozen butterbeer is... I'm gonna cry, now I want some," Elaine told them, sighing. "We should all go," she finished dreamily, staring into the fire with her legs over the arm of the chair and her head in George's lap.

"Sounds pretty amazing-"

"To have a world based on your life-"

"But instead it's for muggles!" Fred finished. Elaine stared at the twins, who stared back at her.

"My word, that's creepy. Don't ever do that again," Elaine shuttered, and small laughter filled the room. "So, Harry, Hermione, you're both staying here?"

"For a bit, yea. Percy's birthday is tomorrow, the 22nd. I'm staying until after dinner, and then I'm heading to see my parents." Hermione said, nodding.

"Yea, I've been staying here most of the summer, but I take breaks to go see Dudley to catch up, or Neville or Luna, you know," Elaine nodded, as Harry implied she knew because of the books.

"Dudley, though? You two are good?" Elaine was curious as to the relationship Harry had with his abusive ass family.

"Oh, yea. I don't ever go see my uncle and aunt, but Dudley lives in his own flat now, in London."

"Epic," Elaine said, holding her hand above her face and watching as the fire placed fun shadows upon it.

"Epic," the twins replied, smirking at each other.

"What are you doing, Elaine?" Ginny asked, giving her a funny look but smiling.

"The shadows on my hand are fun to look at. When I was little I would do this and, uh," Elaine coughed awkwardly before mumbling: "pretendiwasawitchandcoulddomagic."

"Im sorry, what was that?" Ron laughed, his arm around Hermione. The four sat on the couch across from Elaine and the twins.

Elaine sighed. "I used to look at the shadows and pretend I was a witch that could manipulate them with magic."

Everyone laughed. Elaine shook her head and out her hands over her face.

"So, I finally met the people who got me through life and I embarrassed myself within 24 hours. I see."

George pried her hands from her face. "It's okay, Elaine. We just think it's funny for a muggle."

"wE jUsT tHiNk iTs FuNnY fOr a MuGgLe," Elaine mimicked in a terrible accent. Her american accent wasn't as strong as before, after a year in England she was indeed picking up some of the pronunciations. But not the born and raised one. No way in hell.

Elaine yawned, which caused everyone in the room to also yawn.

"I supposed I should get going now," she said, trying to stand. She stood too fast and sat back down, falling on top of the twins. "Oh hey, handsome. Er... handsomes."