Prolouge

Leaves sounded under the heavy footsteps of a large man. He covered the quiet night with his loud presence waking the sleeping forest around him.

His body moved through the trees with intense ease that seemed inhumanly smooth. He was a man on a mission; good or bad it was a mission that was intended to be delivered.

His face was dark with the shadows of the night marred with a frown and a few scars to secure the dangerous appeal to him. His brown eyes were trained ahead, his nose pointed to the tree tops breathing in the blood that wrapped the air in a metallic smell.

The man was getting closer to his targeted place. He could hear low voices and pained groans in the near distance.

His feet quickened slightly, clearing the last line of trees and could see before him what he had been waiting on.

His frown turned into something wicked and sinister. He advanced forward to the three men standing in the undersized clearing and on the ground before them was a crumpled form of a man whose legs were broken and clothes were mangled. He was bloody and horribly disfigured. The sight was a delicous one to him much so that his tongue darted across his lips.

"Men," he boomed tightly to the three. "has he offered anything?" He looked to each man for some sort of answer, they all held a pokerface made of stone.

They were all quiet for a moment too long and he was going to speak again but someone beat him to it.

"No, he's said nothing that we don't already know. I think he's useless to us and we should kill him now." One of the men said looking directly into his eyes then showing his respect by looking down.

This man knew who was the leader and had the power. This smart man was Jay. Jay was closest in leadership to him, being his beta and taking charge in his absence.

The other two had just joined their growing group of rouges. The large man looked to the other two who'd kept silent.

Then almost as if practiced they nodded in agreement to Jay's statement. A small hum escaped the large man as he stepped closer to the crumpled heap on the ground he leaned over pulling on his hair to peak into his swollen eyes. His face was distorted, twisted into discomfort and pain.

"Tell me what I need to know and maybe I'll let you live. Maybe." She snarled tauntly into his face. The shriveled man groaned when his hair was pulled tighter but nothing else left his lips. A small snicker left the large man.

He went to say something else threating and dark when the clearing was bathed in a light brighter than the moon above them. Along with the light came a rumbling noise on the road near the clearing. It was car! The man yelled for his men to get down and to stay out of sight.

But for some reason he coldnt bring himself to get down yet. And as the dark blue jeep passed by inside was something he deemed beautiful.

A girl naive to the happenings in the forest beside her. She had wild curly dark hair and bright brown eyes that lit up even the darkest of darks. Her golden brown skin was fresh and looked smooth. Her slender oval face was angled to the window and her eyes were cast to the woods.

He knew he would have her. He knew this when those eyes meet his own, he wouldnt allow her to escape him so easy. She blinked and he moved down until the car passed. He set her aside in his mind for later, then he set his gaze on the disfigured heap on the ground.

"Derk? What was that?" Jay questioned a puzzled look crakcing the surface of that stone cold mask he was trained to harness. He'd never seen Derk act that why, act so... mesmerized by one thing. Not like that.

Jay realized his mistake when Derk's expression darkened with a menacing look announcing that the topic wasn't up for discusion and that the project at hand was the man on the forest floor.

"So will you tell me all you know, about Coyle Mohingan? Tell me every weakness!" Derk hissed through clenched teeth. Teeth that were becoming sharper at the display of his inhumanly monster appearing. "I want it all now!"