Chapter 23 - Let's Get Lost

Start from the beginning

All I could concentrate on was what Jordan, Ryan, and Radley talked about when I was gone. I heard many laughter when Kate had to go out to sell something to a costumer. Why didn't they laugh when I was with them? I'm so pathetic to be jealous of their friendship.

"Abby," Kate pulled me aside when we were getting ready to close up the shop.

"Yeah?" I responded.

"Are you busy next Monday?" she asked.

"Well, it's New Year's Eve..." I trailed.

"Oh, right. You kids go wild on New Year's," she chuckled.

"Sort of," I shrugged. "I was just going to drive to a cabin with them," I nodded towards the group of people who I called my friends.

"Well, when are you leaving for the cabin?" she questioned eagerly.

"It's a two hour trip... and we were planning to watch the fireworks on this campsite. So probably around 6 or 7," I replied.

"You see, I was wondering if you can drop off the dolls at my nephew's store in Bakersfield," she explained. "If you leave at eight in the morning, you can make it back in time to go to your cabin." More favors. Great. And this time, I have to be ready at eight... in the morning.

"Can I go tomorrow or this Thursday?" I asked, knowing that having plans on the same day of New Year's Eve would be horrible.

"He doesn't open this week. I don't know why, but he opens on New Year's Eve. I would suggest for you to go to his house, but I'm afraid you might get lost, because he lives in a weird tangled road."

"Okay," I faked a smile.

"Oh, thank you very much Abby! That snow globe isn't half the effort that you put in for me," she sighed.

"It's really no problem," I patted her. "Well, I guess we should head home now. Bye Kate,"

"Okay. Thank you so much Abby!" she ran to the front door to excuse us out. She said her goodbyes to the other when they walked out the door.

We all drove home in the same car. It took about twenty minutes to drop everyone off and I was the last. "Thanks Jordan," I shut the car door and walked in my house.

❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂

I felt a mix of emotions. It wasn't the good kind. It was the worst thing you can feel: anger, guilt, sadness, and jealousy. I was jealous to see them together. I hated her for being with him. I hated him for allowing her to get too close. They were sitting on the couch, laughing and having the time of their lives. She leaned in and he just froze.

I couldn't stop him from making the biggest mistake of his life. I was tied on a wooden chair in my kitchen. He turned to looked at me and she ended up kissing his cheeks. His sparkling brown eyes saw right through me and he smirked. "Admit it, Abby," he whispered lightly, but I heard it clear like he was shouting it in my ears.

❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂

I bolted up on my bed. What the hell was that dream? Nightmare. It seems like a flash black... or the future. I can tell the future? I knew that I had that dream before. It just seems so real.

Before I knew what I was doing, I picked up my phone and tapped on a phone number.

"Hey," I whispered into the phone.

"Hi..." his voice trailed.

"What are you doing?" I asked, trying to start a conversation.

"Abby, are you okay?" Ryan asked through the other side of the line.