Chapter 25 - Their Small Talks

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping and a bright January light flashing through my windows. It's been two weeks since I had receive a special present from Radley. I tried my best to pretend like I wasn't avoiding him or anyone else in our group.

"I think it's time for you to make a new friend."

"Oh, ha ha. Where will that get me?" I glared at him.

"It's just a plan."

"Without a good reason."

"Well, do you have anything better to do to get over this state your mind is in?"

"No," I replied flatly.

"I must sound really smart right now."

"Not really..." I trailed.

"You know, if I had one wish, I would wish for another me so I can listen to how brilliant I sound."

"Brilliant is not the correct word," I pointed out.

"Oh, right. I meant ingenious."

"No, I think you meant ignorant," I smiled widely.

"I'm pretty positive that I know what I meant."

"Why can't life just be like kindergarten?" I sighed as I laid down on my back in the tall, grassy field.

"Where's the fun in that?"

"There's no shit to handle," I replied swiftly.

"You see, you can't drive in kindergarten," he laid down next to me.

"Kindergarten is so worth not driving."

"You can't do it," he added.

"Why would I give up kindergarten for intercourse?" I laughed.

"You can't experience these things or feelings that you have," he whispered as I stared at his radiant face.

"Guess what?" I waited as he turn to look at me. "These feelings... suck."

"For now," he smirked. We paused our conversation so he could come up with more reasons to disagree with me. "Oh, you can't discover great music when you're five."

"That's a bit harder to give up, but I'd still choose my childhood over music."

"What about roller coasters? You need to be taller than 48 inches."

"Your question is ludicrous," I shook my head.

"I ran out of ideas to formulate, all right?" he protested.

"Okay."

We laid there for an hour or so. That is until I managed to finally tell him why I had asked for us to come and converse. "Radley wrote a note and expressed his feelings for me," I said quietly.

"A bit cliché, don't you think?"

"Everything in life is cliché."

"All right, tell me, are you here because you want to share your feelings toward Radley or are you just really into hanging out with me since I'm so-called 'ingenious'."

"You need to stop with this cockiness of yours," I rolled my eyes.

"It's not my fault I'm so amazing."

"Stop," I laughed.

"Okay, okay. So what are you going to do now?"

"I don't know," I stated.