XXVII

There wasn't much Scorpius could do in his room. He read and reread every single book he owned, including his old textbooks. He took the time to properly examine the photos of his mother and Draco, trying to see just where she went wrong.

He scoffed to himself. That answer was simple: the moment she met Draco Malfoy, she had been doomed.

Scorpius shoved the thought from his mind, sitting at his desk. In his drawer, there was a single letter from Erick, telling him that he had a flat in Lambeth. He had written that, if Scorpius got the chance, to come visit him sometime. At the bottom of the letter, he had written an address.

Scorpius had meant to get rid of the letter, but he couldn't.

Dipping his quill in ink, Scorpius pulled out his journal, the same one Albus had snooped for. He wrote Astoria's name at the top.

He missed Erick a lot. Sometimes, he wished the redhead would tap on his window and climb through, holding him in his arms and making him feel safe. But Erick wasn't here. He was all the way in Lambeth.

Scorpius hadn't realized he had written all of that down until he made his hand stop. The words near the end were wobbly, showing how badly Scorpius' hand was shaking. He wiped at his eyes and frowned at the paper. Some of the words had been smudged beyond recognition.

God, he wanted Erick with him so badly. He wiped at his eyes, imagining Erick's arms wrapped around his waist, his voice in his ear. I love you.

Scorpius clapped his hands over his ears, muttering, "Shut up."

Aren't you tired of this, Scorpius? a voice that sounded familiar to Draco's said to him. Aren't you tired of being here? With people like me?

"Leave me alone."

Oh, Scorpius, a female voice said. Scorpius froze. He had never heard Astoria Greengrass' voice, but he always imagined it. You're such a fine young man.

"I am?"

Oh, yes, Astoria said. And that Erick boy? So sweet and nice, isn't he?

"I broke up with him."

That's okay. You can always get back together with him. He loves you and you love him, right?

"Yeah. . .but. . .I don't want anything bad to happen to him." When there was no response, he whispered, "Astoria?"

You look just like her, Draco's voice said. Exactly like her. . .

"Go away, " he whimpered. "Just go away." He covered his ears as if it would stop.

I don't know what's wrong with you, Scorpius. Talk to me.

"No."

Just talk to me and---

"Leave me alone!" Scorpius sobbed. "Just shut up. . ."

The voice stopped. Scorpius sighed, out loud and he buried his face in his pillow. He cried silently, wishing Erick was there.

וווווווווווווו×

Scorpius groaned as he woke up, still in the clothes he wore yesterday. He threw on a sweatshirt and looked at his watch. It was nearly noon.

He hadn't realized he had been waking up later than usual, but he shrugged it off. He ran a hand through his hair and opened his door, making his way downstairs.

He could hear Albus laughing at something Harry had told him. However, the laughter petered out when Scorpius entered the kitchen.

"Hey, Scorp, " Albus said. His younger brother didn't look at him. Instead, he searched through the cupboard for something small to eat.

Draco pointed out, "I made chicken."

Scorpius shrugged and went to the fridge, grabbing a cola. He popped the lid off and drank some of it before peering down at the plate of chicken and greens Draco had fixed him.

Harry said, "You might want to eat something with that, Scorpius."

The blonde boy nodded and took the plate, balancing it on his hand.

"You're taking it upstairs?" Draco asked.

Scorpius muttered, "I've got a lot of homework. Sixth year is N.E.W.T prep year. Got to make good grades."

He left quickly before the could ask any more questions. When he made it up to his bedroom, he locked the door behind him. He set the plate down on his desk, but only ate a little bit of it. The rest he made vanish with a simple spell. He left the plate in the far corner of his desk as he drank the pop.

He wrote in his journal some more, clutching the sides of his head as the two voices started up again. He cried silently, wishing it would stop. He hugged his pillow, wishing it was Erick.

Violet hadn't spoken to him since she had kissed him. Not that he was complaining, but she made it a point for him to know that she didn't want to.

Without Erick, the bullying had gotten much worse. Often, Scorpius found himself with his books and bag in Moaning Myrtle's toilets. The bullies name-calling got worse.

It didn't matter if his father was the Chosen One. It didn't matter if Erick had threatened them two years ago.

No, Scorpius skipped classes. He had quit Quidditch two years ago. He spoke to nobody.

He hated it all. He hated how Violet didn't talk to him. He hated how, when he got letters from his father, the other students would laugh at him.

Shaking his head, Scorpius stood and brought the plate downstairs. He hadn't realized that it was nearly nine o'clock at night.

When he set the plate in the sink and threw the coke bottle into the trash, Draco told him, "Good news! Teddy's going to be in town next weekend. And he's bringing someone with him, apparently."

"Okay, " Scorpius muttered. "Whatever."

And he left, leaving a baffled and hurt Draco behind him.

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote!