II

Scorpius Malfoy was a quiet boy. Rarely, he spoke out of turn. Often, he would keep quiet, keeping his opinions to himself. Except for when Albus wasn't playing fair. Then, he cried until Albus stopped and Teddy helped him win.

In the backyard, Snuffles, a large, shaggy dog with black fur, jumped and barked at Scorpius, who petted him and told him, "Hullo. Do you want a bit of my cookie?"

The dog barked and Scorpius sat down in the grass, breaking a piece off the pastry and tossing it to Snuffles, who caught it in the air. Scorpius giggled to himself as the dog chased his tail, whimpering when he couldn't catch it. "Silly puppy, "

Snuffles looked at him. Scorpius added, "Kindly, a course. Wanna play fetch?" He picked up a tennis ball, tossing it out into the yard, grinning as Snuffles ran after it. The sun was beating down on both of them, but Scorpius was having fun.

When Snuffles got bored of chasing a ball, he wiggled through the doggy-door, leaving Scorpius outside, still holding the ball. Frowning, Scorpius walked into number twelve, Grimmauld Place, seeing his brother eating a sandwich along with Teddy, who sipped water from a glass cup.

" 'Lo, Scorpius, " said Teddy, nodding at him. "Want something to eat?"

Scorpius shook his head silently, going to where Snuffles was lying on the tile. "Fetch?" he said, waving the ball. Snuffles let out a breath, ignoring the blonde boy.

"Do you like peanut butter, Scorp?" Teddy asked, trying to tug the three-year-old's attention away from the dog. Scorpius shook his head. "Er, what do you like, then?"

"Daddy knows, " grumbled the boy as Albus told Teddy, "He likes cheese only. He's odd."

"Am not, " argued Scorpius.

Albus rolled his emerald eyes as Teddy handed Scorpius his cheese-only sandwich. Wolfishly, the blonde shoved the bread into his mouth, chewing loudly until his grandfathers, Remus Lupin and Sirius Black, came into the kitchen. Scorpius grew quiet as Remus asked the trio, "Want some ice cream? We can go into Diagon Alley and go to Florean Fortescue's."

"Yay!" Albus declared, throwing his hands up and running from the kitchen at top speed, pausing in front of the parlour door. "Let's go!"

Remus held Scorpius' hand as Sirius asked him, "Wanna go for a walk, Scorp?"

He shrugged and walked with his grandfathers wordlessly. His grey-blue eyes observing everything he passed. There was a woman wearing an odd assortment of clothes that did a small double-take when she saw Scorpius, but her eyes raked across his forehead and she sighed. "Your father is a wonderful person, " she said quietly before continuing down the street.

"Who was that?" Scorpius asked Remus, who was still holding his hand.

"A stranger, " replied Remus, looking forward. The closer the group got to Diagon Alley, the more people stopped to gape at Scorpius Malfoy and, occasionally, at Albus Potter.

Scorpius tried to hide behind Sirius' legs whenever the people looked at him, but he could only do so much. When they finally arrived at Diagon Alley, a group of boys that were much older than the blonde boy waved to Teddy, walking over. After a few exchanged phrases, Teddy motioned to Remus, who let go of Scorpius' hand to shake the boy's.

"Good afternoon, Professor, " the group chimed with smiles. "Has Teddy docked us any house points this summer?" one asked with a grin.

"Not yet, " Remus laughed and a boy with curly brown hair looked at Scorpius. Remus told him, "This is my grandson, Scorpius."

"I'm his godfather, Teddy, " he said, jokingly grinning at the boys that were obviously his friends. "I'm also Albus'."

Albus looked at the older boys, grinning. "Albus Potter, " he told them, extending his hand as Scorpius hid behind Sirius. Carrying whispers swirled around Scorpius, repeating his and his father's name, as well as Harry's and Albus'.

Not liking the attention, Scorpius tugged on Sirius' shirt. He asked in a pleading whisper, "Can we get ice cream?"

"Yeah, buddy, " Sirius answered, picking up the small and light boy. He whispered to Remus, "Hey, Scorp is getting a bit. . .nervous?"

"Oh, okay." With a smile, Remus told the boys that they should get going ("buy school supplies, lots of ink!") and to have a good remainder of their summer break. When they arrived at Florean Fortescue's Ice-Cream Parlour, the owner, an old man that shared the name of the parlour, smiled kindly, giving them all free sundaes with as many toppings as they wanted.

"A Potter and a Malfoy! My lucky day!" he said, clapping his hands together. A woman who shared his age told Scorpius, "What a handsome man! Just like your father, as I remember."

"What do you say, Scorpius?" Remus prompted him.

"Thanks, " mumbled the blonde lad. Albus, who always had the urge to take charge, helped Scorpius carry his sundae, only letting Scorpius hold it when he whined, "That's mine, Albus!"

Sirius, who was walking behind the three boys, holding hands with Remus, asked him, "Shouldn't we be worried about him?" He motioned to Scorpius, who had started to cry as his ice cream melted. Teddy told him something that made the sniffles stop and turn into quiet giggles.

"He's just a bit shy and emotional."

"Yeah, but. . ."

Remus shook his head. "Remember when Albus was like that?"

"That was just the first day he met us, Moony."

Remus shook his head again, saying, "I'm sure it's just a phase. I mean, Draco used to be like that."

"Hmm, " Sirius hummed as he made a sceptical face. "He was talkative."

Remus ignored him and they continued down Diagon Alley, with Scorpius sticking close to him and Sirius while Teddy and Albus marvelled at everything in the shop windows.

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote!