XXI

Albus gaped at his younger brother and his best friend, his emerald eyes wide. He pointed at Erick wordlessly, who stood there with his hands in his pockets. Scorpius put his head in his hands, trembling slightly. He looked down at his thighs, trying not to throw up.

Erick licked his lips, frowning slightly at Albus. "Is knocking not a thing in this house?" he asked, narrowing his eyes slightly at his best friend. "We were kinda in the middle of something."

"Erick---" Scorpius started, grabbing Erick's forearm and looking up at him. He looked down at Scorpius and crouched down, bringing him down to his level.

"I'll talk to him, alright?" he told Scorpius, looking him right in the eyes. Scorpius didn't have time to reply before Erick grabbed Albus roughly by his bicep, leading him out of the house quickly.

When they were outside, under the summer sun, Albus finally spoke. "What the hell, Erick? Are you serious right now?"

Erick looked at him. "Oh, don't tell me you're angry. Are you?"

"No!" Albus told him. "I'm just mad because you or him never told me!"

"He wanted to keep it a secret, " Erick explained. "I'm not sure why. I mean, your fathers like me, they even know I'm gay, and it's not like they care all too much."

Albus frowned. "He's been odd, lately. He doesn't talk to us---me and our fathers---and, when he does, he's surly and quiet. I dunno what's wrong with him."

Erick frowned and asked, "You want me to find out what's wrong with him?"

"If you can, " Albus sighed. "Why couldn't he just tell me?" he added, seemingly to himself. "Why didn't you tell me?"

Erick shrugged. "I wish I could tell you that I'm sorry. But I'm not." He smiled and rubbed the back of his neck. "I love him. He's so. . .so. . .dreadfully innocent, if you catch it." Erick smirked and wagged his eyebrows.

Albus cringed but laughed. "Never say that to me about my younger brother again. Do you love him?"

"More than myself, "

וווווווווווווו×

In Scorpius' room, it was absolute chaos; books were thrown everywhere, parchment was ripped to shreds, and his quills were scattered about. He sat on his bed, shaking uncontrollably.

Albus is going to tell them, he thought miserably. He choked back a sob, running his fingers through his blonde locks. "Fuck. . ." he hissed, pressing the heels of his hands to his eyes.

There was a knock on his door and he opened it quickly, swallowing when he saw that it was Erick. His blue-brown eyes rested on Scorpius as he shut and locked the door behind him. "Hey, " he said softly. "Are you okay? You look like you're about to cry. Or vomit."

Scorpius sighed. "What'd Albus say?"

"That he likes the idea of us, he said."

Scorpius sat down on the edge of his bed, not looking up when the bed shifted under Erick's weight. Erick put his hand around his waist, resting his hand on Scorpius' thigh. "I love you."

"I. . ." Scorpius began, but he trailed off when Erick's hand travelled to the belt loop of his jeans. His hands shook as he gripped the hem of his shirt. "Erick. . ."

Erick leaned close, kissing Scorpius. He stopped, however, when Scorpius pulled away abruptly. Scorpius turned his head away, not looking at Erick as he said, "I can't do this. Not right now. Just. . .leave. Please? Maybe come over tomorrow night or something?"

Erick was quiet for a moment before nodding. "Yeah, sure. . .I'll see you later, Scorp."

"Bye, Erick, " Scorpius muttered, looking at the ground. He didn't even look up when he heard the door shut quietly.

At his father's home, Erick walked quickly past the den, where his father was sitting and reading the paper. When he made it upstairs without drawing unwanted attention to himself, he went to Violet's room, knocking on the door. He heard a muffled, "Go away!"

He still opened the door, closing it behind him. "Vi, listen---"

"I told you how I felt about him, Erick! And you still went behind my back!"

Erick stuffed his hands in his pockets, blinking slowly.

"And you don't care!"

"Oh, get over yourself, Violet."

"I told you that I liked him when I was twelve!" Violet cried, wiping at her face. "And I walk into his room and see you of all people screwing with him!"

"I wasn't---"

"Just go away, " Violet grumbled. "Go right now."

Erick turned to leave, saying before he left, "I would think you would be happy for him. Not angry."

And he left quickly, walking to his room. He lay down on his bed, thinking of Scorpius Malfoy.

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote!