Chapter Seventeen

Third Person POV

Kiara, Pope and JJ sat and waited for any news about John B, Sarah and Alissa. When Shoupe and two other officers entered the tent, all three of them rose to their feet anxiously. "Did you find them?" Pope asked. 

"No." The man frowned.

"So, they got away?" Kie then asked the man who paused for a moment before answering.

"We, uh... we lost them." Shoupe said. "I'm sorry." Tears began to fill in each of their eyes as they learned the news of their friends' apparent deaths.

"You lost them?" Pope questioned. "What do you mean you lost them? Like, they're gone? What are you talking about?"

"They took an open boat into a tropical depression, Pope."

"So, they're dead?" Kiara asked.

"We don't know."

"You drove them straight through the storm, man!" JJ shouted. He was angry and upset. "Are you kidding me? Come here!" The boy then went to hit the officer but he was pulled back by his friends. "I'm gonna kill you!"

"JJ, stop!" Kiara shouted but JJ broke from their grip and went for Shoupe again only to be grabbed my another officer.

"I'm gonna kill you, you bastard!" 

"He didn't kill anybody!" Pope cried. "He didn't kill anyone."

"JJ, JJ stop." Kie said as she approached the boy who calmed down only slightly and he broke into tears. 

"Alissa was on that boat. I shouldn't have let her get on that god damn boat!" He screamed. "She shouldn't have been on it."

"I know, I know." Kiara frowned as she pulled the boy into a tight hug before she noticed her parents enter the tent followed by Pope's mom and dad. Each couple wrapped their arms around their child and after a few moments, Heyward took JJ in and hugged him too. None of them knew what to do. To them their friends were dead but how long would it take them to realise that they were on their way to the Bahamas to take back what's theirs?