Chapter Fifteen

I woke up in The Wreck the next morning to JJ, Pope and Kiara talking. "You know we were in that car. They're probably looking for us, too." Kie said.

"Well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B." Pope said.

"So, what, we find him before they do?" JJ asked as Pope took JJ's bike keys.

"I'm gonna go and get gas for the boat."

"Hey, you be careful." Kie told the boy.

"Meet me at the dock at three. Don't be late." Pope said bluntly as he looked at JJ, completely ignoring Kie.

I then looked at Kie who frowned before she followed the boy out of the door. "What's going on with those two?" I asked JJ.

"No idea." The boy said before we followed Kiara.

"Okay, what is your problem?" She shouted at Pope who was walking over to JJ's bike.

"No problem, officer. Just doing my job." Pope told her.

"Look, I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings." Kie replied as Pope climbed into the boar and revved the engine several times and continued to do it as Kiara tried to talk to him. "I'm trying to talk to you!" The girl shouted right before Pope drove away and she frowned as she walked over to me and JJ as a helicopter flew over us.

"Who the hell is that?" JJ asked.

"No idea." I whispered before I started to walk away.

"And where are you going?" Kiara questioned.

"To find Shoupe!" I told her. "I'm Ward's daughter. Maybe that means something but we won't know unless I try and make things right for John B."

***

"Sarah!" I exclaimed as I ran over to the girl. We were by Redfield Lighthouse where they had set up several tents and helicopters identical to the one that flew over The Wreck were parked. I pulled my sister into a tight hug and she frowned when I pulled back. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to make things right." She told me. "I'm gonna turn Ward and Rafe in."

"Should we do it together?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I think that would make me feel a little better." The girl said. I nodded and took her hand as we approached one of the tents.

"Excuse me." Sarah said to the man guarding the area. "Is this all for John B?"

"Only authorised personnel at this point." The man said. "Orders for the local shelter and report sightings to law enforcement."

"He's not armed. I promise he's not armed."

"And he's not dangerous." I added.

"We'll take a statement."

"No, we wanna talk to a real cop." I told the man as we tried to push past him but he pushed us back. "You've got the wrong guy!"

"Excuse me." Sarah then shouted. "Excuse me, Mr SBI guy!" The man in the SBI jacket looked up and approached us and the other man grabbed Sarah so I ran up to him as Sarah broke free.

"My name is Alissa Cameron-Riley, this is my sister, Sarah." I said.

"I was on the tarmac with Sheriff Peterkin. I know what happened." Sarah added.

"Please, we just wanna talk." I told him.

"Alright, alright, alright." The agent said.

"Thank you." Sarah sighed with relief.