Chapter 11

Wednesday, December 25th

Christmas Day

3pm

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (Jada's mom house)

"Hey ma." I said to Jackie. I was now calling her mom. She said it was about time I did.

"Hey son in law." She said and she let me into the house and Jerome helped me with the bags.

Jada and I decided to spend Christmas and New Years in Philly this year, to get out of Florida and have a change of scenery since what happened.

It was cold as hell down here I don't know how folks do it.

Jada was still in the car so I went to go get her.

"Baby.. you ready to come out?" I asked her softly. I knew Christmas and New Years she would be feeling the lost of the twins the most.

She looked at me teary eyed and my heart broke. I hated seeing her in her grieving moments. Some days it was easier, some days it seemed harder to cope than ever before.

I sighed and went in the drivers seat as her mom stood at the front door.

I got in and turned her to me.

"They're here. But they're inside you have to go inside. Come on be strong for our babies." I said to her and gave her a kiss on the forehead and grabbed her hand. Then I looked her in her eyes.

"They love you, and I love you. I'm sure it's paining them up in heaven to see their mother like this. Baby it's paining me to see you like this. I'm trying to be strong for you but you have to promise me you'll be strong for yourself too." I said to her.

She just nodded and closed her eyes as a tear fell. I wiped it away and we shared a kiss.

"I love you." She said to me.

"I love you too." I responded. "Remember, we'll get our fresh start in the new year." I said to her smiling and she gave me a weak smile back.

We decided to move to Las Vegas and settle there. We were also going to officially get married there. We're moving into the new house January 2nd.

We got out the car and walked into the house. Her mother greeted her with a weak smile and they hugged. Jerome hugged her too.

We all walked in and sat down as her mom shared us out some food.

We began eating when Bria, Q, and Mia showed up then we all greeted each other. Mina decided to spend Christmas with her family this year.

Eventually everybody ate and we just chat with one another.

Bria was talking to Jada and I was talking to Q while Mia was talking to Jackie and Jerome.

"Yo how's Jada holding up?" Q asked me.

"Some days are ok, other days are worse than before." I said sighing.

"Damn. How about you?" He asked.

"It's hard. But I'm trying to be strong for her. They weren't mine so I don't feel the close connection Jada feels but I did raise them as mine so I'd definitely feel effected. I was use to their presence." I said being honest and he nodded.

"I feel you bro. When you guys move and start that new chapter of your lives you'll be able to start your own family, for real this time. No drug game, no nothing." He said reassuring me then I nodded.

I looked at Jada. I just stared. I couldn't wait to see when Jada is herself again. And I couldn't wait to marry her for real and start a family and live our lives in Vegas.