CHAPTER 6

After Gulf left the room, Lhong approached his best friend slowly. Mew has been hospitalized for a week after undergoing the surgery.

"Mew, are you sure of what you're doing right now? If Gulf finds out that you tricked him, you're definitely going to regret later," Lhong whispered.

"Lhong, don't worry. I know what I'm doing and I'm sure. I'll take care of it. Your role is just to keep quiet and don't you ever tell Gulf that the surgery was successful and I can see again." Mew's eyes glanced left and right, worried that Gulf came back and would hear their conversation.

"But I don't think this is fair to Gulf. Don't you pity him? What are you trying to prove Mew? All this time I have seen all your meals and needs, Gulf has been taking care of it very well. Why do you still doubt his sincerity?" asked Lhong.

He disagreed with Mew's act of pretending to be blind in front of Gulf after the surgery was successful, just to test his husband's sincerity.

"We can't read and predict a person's heart and mind, Lhong. You're also aware that most of the men and women who came to me all this time only want my name and wealth. So this time I need to be careful too, Lhong."

"But Gulf is totally different here. You know it yourself, Mew. If not, why did you marry Gulf?" Lhong makes a serious face.

For him, what Mew is doing right now will only ruin his best friend's happiness and he does not want it to happen.

"That time I was blind, Lhong. I could not see and judge everything. I could not see how Gulf was treating me all this time. Is he sincere towards me or is he just pretending to get all of my properties," Mew said.

"Mew! Mew! The way you're thinking is so unpredictable. Do you think when you can see, you can judge everything correctly? Not necessarily, Mew. Sometimes by looking, it can destroy our happiness. You should judge with your own heart and believe in Gulf just as Gulf trusted you," advised Lhong.

"But..... You're so stubborn, Mew. If anything happens, don't say that I never warned you."

Mew is silent. Lhong's words are true but he cannot erase the doubts that he had in his heart. Mew admits he loves Gulf so much, which is why he acts this way.