Bear-hug

The evening that Sin was dreading came. Six thirty ticked and he grumbled at nothing. He was tired but now he had to pick up Eva.He had one hell of a day and his head was buried between tens of files and hundreds of papers. He worked , this Saturday, hoping that his Sunday will be as blissful and calm as possible. He need to spend the day with his daughter. He would take her to watch a movie or buy her new dresses. He will cook her favorite breakfast for her and just be a good dad. He and Eva usually have Sundays for their own selves and he would keep such tradition.  

His father was neglecting of him as a child. He never felt "loved" even though he had everything and even more than that. His father worked all day, all week so they can live in mansions and have the nicest of things. Even though Sin acted cool and blessed around other back in the days, he couldn't but question what it feels to be loved by a parent? What it would feel to spend a day with a parent instead of a nanny or a housekeeper? Getting Eva , he promised himself to make sure that she knows that she is loved.

Coming to his feet , he felt exhausted. He will probably call it a night after having some pizza with Eva. He turned off his laptop, carried his phone and walked out. He was praying to be left alone but Brad decided to tag along. His friend kept on talking nonstop about the files he dealt with today and Sin nearly cursed him to shut him up. He was surprised ,when Brad invited himself to his car and said that he missed Eva and would Uber home after seeing her. Not having enough energy , Sin didn't say a word and just nodded. Maybe Brad would distract Ruby if this time she decided to come to the door. Maybe Brad will stop her harshly judging glare...So what if he slept around with the nannies? He is the one paying them and should really focus on getting a new one instead of the opinion of a total stranger. 

He knocked twice , the the door swung open. He was hoping for the girl behind the door to be Eva but with a luck like his of course it had to be Ruby. She was dressed in a jean overall and a white shirt under it. Her night black hair was in a ponytail. Her eyes fell on him then on a smiling Brad a he saw her lips move uttering one word probably " Hi". He didn't hear her though and his eyes continued on studying her...Who dresses in overalls? He eyed her hands and specks on paint flashed at his sight. So they were painting? And where was his little girl? Did Ruby get tired of her and send her home? Should he lecture his neighbor about leaving a kid unattended ?

Answering to his questions and accusations, Eva came skipping their way. Her blond hair was in a messy bun and she wore the brightest smile he had ever seen. She was happy and that made him smile. It is been a long while since looked so care free like a kid and not a sarcastic grown up. Noticing what she was wearing he nearly laughed at how cute she looked clothed in a huge white t-shirt that Ruby landed her probably to protect her clothes. Words nearly skipped his lips before a near by motion caught his eyes.  

Out of nowhere, Brad's hand brought a gasping Ruby into a hug. He eyed the couple nearly slapping himself for bringing Brad along. Brad should come with a manual and a warning sign. He is a social butterfly , a huger , a sweet talker and a joker. Ruby stool rigidly not knowing how to react to the bear-hug she received from the total stranger and to her worst nightmare Brad wasn't letting go. He was about to say something to save the poor woman  and apologize for his friend's behavior until he heard Eva clearing her throat loud. 

"Uncle Brad." the blond six year old spoke with a guarded tone and a harsh glare.

" Princess." The man called back finally allowing a flustered Ruby to escape his embrace.

"What are you doing here?" Eva demanded tapping her foot clearly annoyed at both men.

" I missed you and your dad said he supposed to pick you up by six thirty ." Brad answered not picking up on how Eva was feeling. It amazed her father at how protective the little girl seemed of Ruby. She didn't like the fact that Brad was hugging her and if he didn't stop ...Lord knows what could have happened. Even though a supposedly mature adult Brad fights with Eva all the time.

"Come in. I will go grab Eva's things." Ruby finally spoke drawing all their attention back on her.

Seeing the eyes of both men resting on her, she felt nervous and shifted her weight from one foot to another. She was never comfortable with strangers in her house or in five meters distance of her. Here she is however inviting two men inside her household because she grew attached to a little girl; a girl who won't leave her side, a girl who made her forget. Not feeling that comfortable she asked Eva to bring them to the living room and walked or ran to the art-room to collect Eva's work and teddy bear. The moment she left, Eva glared at her uncle.

"It felt nice to hug her." Brad mindlessly said a bit loud and both of blonds looked shocked at him.

"Keep your hands off her. Both of you drive all women away." Eva lowly spoke her glare digging holes into her uncle's head.

"What if I don't ? " he playfully challenged not knowing how serious the little blond was.

" I will tell your dad that you kissed few guys before." She threatened knowing how close-minded and old-fashioned his old man is.

"Hey, that was rude. I was experimenting.  Nothing is wrong with that." he glared back and said through gritted teeth.

" Both of you" she said pointing at her dad and uncle " are gonna end up alone, old and lonely. Ruby is the closest thing I have to a mother and role model so if you ruin this for me...I will give you hell." the girl ended turning around letting both men shocked and frozen .

"I can work on making her your god-mother" Brad noted with a playful grin.

"One move and I swear to you uncle Brad!" Eva repeated before leading their way in. 

"Why am I scared of a six year old!" Brad whined and Sin couldn't but smirk he brought her up right; she is strong and no one could play her. 

" Told you that Ruby means a lot to Eva and who hugs strangers like that? Thirsty much?" Sin snickered following his girl.

"At least, I was not rude without any given reason." Brad yelled following the blonds. 

Gonna try for 20 comments this time and yeah I may upload in a few if we get to the goal fast.