[ Chapter 3 - A Welcoming Fight ]

Start from the beginning

"If you have nothing important to say, do leave me alone," I tried my best to sound civil. 

"How harsh," he held his heart as if he was attacked. 

I gave him a smirk. Ever since we met last year, he has always been on my tail. I didn't really know what he got out of annoying me, he just seemed to enjoy it a lot.  

"Did you know, the Vandia corporation has been recruiting me?"  He walked closer and gave me a glass of wine. 

I knew that. I knew that very well. 

My dad has even mentioned him a few times before, he told me that Ace had a lot of potential as a doctor. 

"Yes," I answered and took the wine. 

His hair was gelled up tonight which made him look neat. He was wearing a white dress shirt and a maroon coat on top. He wore a maroon tie as well. He represented his house so well, only his dark blue eyes didn't fit well.

I respected him, I really did, it was just that there was something about him that pissed me off. I didn't know if it was his attitude or his looks. I just hated him to the core. 

"They even offered an arrange marriage," He smirked. 

WHAT?

I almost spat out the wine I was drinking. I found myself coughing a few times but I managed to get a hold of myself quickly. 

"Stop joking," I tried to sound calm. I wasn't. 

"It's not a joke Vandia." He inched closer again, it made me back off a little only to realize there was already a pillar behind me. He stood tall, I had to look up at him to maintain eye contact.

"Your father doesn't wanna hand over the company to just anyone, not even your cousin. You nor Chase are planning on taking doctoring so your dad, he approached me. He said if I agree to a marriage, he would make sure you comply. I think there was something about a command he can give you since you didn't take doctoring." He took a few sips of his drink and watched me amused.

I may be the type to remain silent but my emotions were always plastered on my face. No wonder he looked so triumphant. Everything he said made sense, there was no lie mixed in it. 

When I took on Engineering instead of Doctoring, I made a promise with my father that I would do anything he told me to, I would grant him one wish. It has been two years since I made him that promise, I thought he would have forgotten it but I guess he didn't.

"Go ahead then. To me, marriage is nothing but two people getting rocked down by the law," I sighed. 

"Cold. On top of that, wearing that blue dress makes you look like the Ice Queen," he seemed to be disappointed. I looked at him questioningly but he turned his back and waved farewell.