[ Chapter 3 - A Welcoming Fight ]

Start from the beginning

I took about a half-hour shower and right after I began to dry my hair. When it was fully dry I tied it up and begun to do my makeup. I went for a simple look, I never wanted to get attention during parties, I never liked entertaining people. 

After applying my makeup, I changed to the dress I had selected. It was a blue halter dress that runs until my lower thighs. The halter was laced and so was the bottom. I wore a thick belt that highlighted my thin waist. This dress was actually new, I was planning on using it for another event but It was more fitting for tonight. 

In order to look more classy, I decided to go with my silver-colored heals. It had small gems at the tip that reflects shiny lights. I wore contacts like I always do, my eyes are not in perfect vision anymore. Glasses were not my thing so I rarely use them. 

To end my look, I threw on a silver bracelet and loop earrings. I wore my caramel hair up, it felt better that way then I decided to curl the tips more to give it more volume. I smiled at my vanity mirror, this was good enough. 

I sat on my study table and decided to give a final scan of everything that had to be done for tomorrow. I made sure there was no mistake as I waited for the other two to arrive. I knew more or less they were going to drop by and pick me up. They always do. 

~>.<~

The party was already ongoing when the three of us arrived. As I had expected Sir Macklet Woo was in charge, he was always the one in charge of these kinds of parties. That was why it always ends up being luxurious. 

Sir  Macklet was incredibly rich and just like Miss Randell, he has been in the school for quite a while. 

I scanned the whole hall when I entered, as I had expected the students were sticking with their own housemates. Like me, most of the students from Iota wore blue if not, it was either white or black. It was not like there were any rules that one had to be wearing their own house color but why would anyone wear the color of the enemy? 

This made it easy to distinguish who belonged in what house. Iota wore blue, Zeta wore yellow, Beta wore red and Kappa wore green. 

I was on my way to get a drink when someone caught my eyes. 

As I had expected, even though Ace was not a third year, he was here, just like Nathan. The house presidents were always welcome to come to any sort of event that the school has. Most of the time they were even required to come. I felt myself utter a curse under my breath, hoping I wouldn't have to face him tonight. 

Ironically, my wish immediately got crushed.  

"Vandia," Ace said in a low voice as he made his way towards me.

I wanted to ignore him so badly but I wasn't the type to be rude. I spun myself around slowly to face him before nodding my head a little, a sign for him to continue. 

"You know, my dad always tells me that a woman has a lot to say. Tell me, are you secretly a dude?" He laughed as if he found me amusing.