Chapter 102. Take care

Start from the beginning

"Stay away from me!" Mahek yelled.

"Mahek, I said I need an explanation!" Shree shouted at her.

I saw Shree following Mahek, with his phone in his hand, while his girlfriend was stomping towards the area in front of the cafeteria where a huge crowd was beginning to gather. I glimpsed at Surbhi and she pursed her lips when Mahek boomed in her shrill voice again.

"What's going on?" I inquired.

"Let's see for ourselves," Tanya said and guided us towards a spot from where we could have a clear picture of what was happening.

"You stay back," Ved advised me and kept me close to him when our troop got merged with rest of the students.

I nodded and let Ved support half of my weight; morning medicines were showing their effect, and I felt my eyes getting droopy. I wanted to just sleep, but when I heard Shree's next words, all of my sleep flew out of the window.

"I am breaking up with you."

"You can't. I am the one who will do it, not you!" Mahek argued.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, Mahek? How can you be so shameless? You were openly cheating on me since the first day, and you still have the audacity to debate?"

"How dare you accuse me? I never cheated on you, got that? You are the one who keeps flirting with every girl in our college."

"Excuse me? I never once paid any girl attention for more than a second ever since I got in a relationship with you. I would have told you to ask the girls themselves, but I don't feel the need to give you my character check." Shree clenched his fists, his right hand crushing his phone on the verge of breaking it.

"Oh, yeah? So that makes you a saint? Come on, give me a break. You also know how much you were begging me to be your girlfriend. I refused you so many times, but you were still stuck to me like a leech."

"What the... you don't have any shame left, do you? Even after I showed you your wrongdoings, you still want to put the blame on me? I really regret not listening to Sandhya and my brother when they were warning me about you."

"Sandhya? I knew you both were having an affair behind my back. You are just using an excuse to break up with me so you can go back to that bitch. But guess what? I ain't breaking up with you. Tell your so-called friend Sandhya and your brother to mind their own business." Mahek crossed her arms across her chest and rolled her eyes when she spotted me.

"Should I kill this bitch right now?" Surbhi growled.

"I will take care of her," Rashi said and moved towards Mahek.

Shreyas followed her and stood beside his brother. When Mahek started badmouthing me again, Rashi took the phone from Shree's hand and started a video. As the video played, Mahek's face paled and she charged towards Rashi to snatch the phone from her.

But before she could do that, Tanya pushed Mahek away and Divya guarded her friend. Rest of us also moved forward, but Ved kept me behind him as he was afraid that Mahek might try to hurt me. Parth, Nikhil and Karthik stood around me while Shreyas and Rashi worked on unveiling Mahek's truth.

"You brought this upon yourself," Rashi seethed and threatened Mahek that she would beat the shit out of her as she had gotten to know that the real culprit who caused a rift between her and Faiyaz was none other than Mahek.

"How dare you harrass my brother?" Shree thundered on Mahek, but I saw his eyes glazed with unshed tears.

"That video is fake - I never went to Shreyas' room," Mahek defended.