Chapter 102. Take care

Start from the beginning

"That's true though." I smiled sheepishly, and Dean Sir began laughing while shaking his head at the mention of his son's name.

"Okay, everyone. You must have already gotten the news of the incident. That's why, we don't have Ayush with us at the moment as he is recovering. So, let's pray for him to get well soon and return in full health. And we must thank Sandhya for showing great bravery and courage while saving her best friend.

"I hope you all will take an example and remember that no matter how far we go in our lives, what matters the most is what we are from inside and how far we can go for our loved ones."

Dean Sir patted my head and told me to enjoy rest of my day and rest till I got fully well. I nodded, and when the meeting was adjourned, everyone surrounded me and began showering a lot of praises. I knew I had turned into a ripe tomato, but thanks to Ved, I managed not to burst out crying when my fellow players kept talking about Ayush.

"Can you give the girl a moment?" he scolded in a fake angry tone.

"Of course, Ved," Payal teased and high-fived with Parth.

Ved shook his head at them and stood beside me. "I think we are done with the congratulations, so do you mind if she takes her leave? She is already having a hard time standing on her feet."

"I am not," I argued.

Ved shot me a glare, and I shut up before he gave me a lecture in front of everyone. Nikhil agreed with Ved and informed that if I fainted in the college, his parents will grab his neck, so he had to make sure that I was not put under any pressure. Others understood his point and allowed us to take our leave.

"Take care," others said in unison.

"I will. Thank you." I gave them a big smile before exiting with Nikhil in front of me, while Ved and Parth followed behind.

We were heading towards the clerk's office to get my schedule updated when I noticed a familiar image running towards me at bullet speed. I saw another figure running behind him, calling his name to stop him, but the former one didn't stop and collided with me with a huge force.

"My Angel!" Karthik cried and crushed me in his arms.

"Get away from her, idiot. She is already injured," Shreyas reprimanded as he landed himself in front of us.

"Yeah, man. Be careful," Ved said in a concerned voice.

"It is okay, guys. He must be really worried; that's why he is reacting like this," I defended and patted Karthik's back in assurance.

He broke the hug and took a good look at me. "I am sorry I wasn't there."

"Relax, bro. Everything is fine now so stop hyperventilating. You are making us worry - what's with those bloodshot eyes?" Nikhil asked.

"He was crying all night when he got the news. He kept blaming me for not informing him earlier because he was out of town for a dancing audition. When he returned to my home to continue working on a new track, one of the maids informed him about what had happened," Shreyas explained.

"That's true," Rashi said as she joined us with our girl gang in tow.

She gave Karthik a tissue from her bag and glanced at Shreyas in worry. "It has started."

"What's started?" Ved asked.

Just as Ved completed his sentence, we heard a loud shrill voice which cut through our eardrums. I twisted my lips in distaste as I recognised the annoying voice, but I was confused when I saw Shreyas and Rashi shaking their heads as if they were already expecting something.