Chapter 140: The Reawakening (EP. 07)

▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀▄▀▄▄▀▄

                       :  𝐓 𝐇 𝐄 
          𝐑 𝐄 𝐀 𝐖 𝐀 𝐊 𝐄 𝐍 𝐈 𝐍 𝐆 🌀

𝕰𝖕𝖎𝖘𝖔𝖉𝖊 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓 - 𝕭𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖉𝖘

▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀▄▀▄▄▀▄

ARENDELLE DUNGEONS

The foul scent of alcohol roamed around the cobbled walls of the dark underground territory of the castle, while each and every inhabitant sitting around the wooden table topped with a disarrayed pile of cards slept like a rock.

A puddle of the stainless flask's content glistened as the dim glow of the lamp light made it more visible to the naked eye. As the hefty snores of the out cold troop reaches a certain runaway's ears, a pair of yellow irises transformed into a crimson color.

The sound of metal binds crashing soundly on the ground made Private Sigrid stir his limp form in his seat, but it wasn't enough to fully awaken him.

And in that moment, Kangree finally reunited with his beloved mask which symbolized that there's no place in the world for beasts like him.
•••
Aiden shifted slightly and closed his eyes, all the while keeping his chest against her still head as he struggled to sleep.

Her soft snores soothed him down a little, but he cannot help but feel so uneasy. The pit of his stomach is churning and there is also this horrible twist in his gut, plus, his palms are sweaty.

His instincts had never deceived him, not once.

But out of all times, this terrible skill just happened to come up in the middle of the night.

"W-why aren't you asleep?"

Aiden's lips curled up into a smile, somehow surprised by the sudden sound of his wife's voice.

Elsa stared at him in a drowsy way, her eye lids drooping back down as if it was an attempt to return to sleep, but the ice queen managed to awaken her senses.

"I was staring at your pretty face," Aiden lied, but it was partially true, anyway, "Go back to sleep, snowflake."

"Mmh, no," She sleepily hummed, "Something's going on, bub. Tell me," She gingerly brushed her nose against his, "It's not normal for you to stay awake like this. Not after a day of work."

Aiden sighed, "I feel so uneasy. Like something bad is about to happen..."

Elsa's eyes finally recovered from their sleepy state. Her arms which are currently tangled around him tightened their grip, "Are you sure about that?"

"My gut had never failed me," Aiden yawned, "Not once in my entire life."

"What could it be, then?" Elsa cuddled closer, their lips no more than a few inches away. Aiden froze still and trailed down his awestruck gaze from her bottom lip to her upper lip, glistening in their cherry colored glory.

He was unable to answer, he was definitely being hypnotized. He leaned forward and captured her lips in a mind-numbing kiss, his hand below her chin as he pressed harder.