CHP. 33 • Better Than a Cat •

After taking the midnight black cat to Umeji's house, Y/N stayed over to help him look after her. They had discovered that the the feline was indeed a girl and quickly gave her something to eat. Surprising, Umeji already had cat food, so they didn't need to go out to buy it. Y/N placed a small bowl of water on the ground and watched with a bewildered expression as the cat lapped it down desperately.

"She doesn't seem particularly healthy" commented Y/N, "do you think we'll need to call the vet?"

Umeji glanced up at her from his position on the floor and cocked up a single eyebrow.

"Didn't I already tell you? My father's a vet" he said nonchalantly, causing the H/C-haired girl's eyes to widen. This was certainly the first time that she'd heard of it.

"No, you did not tell me" she muttered, sitting down next to him and gently reaching out to pet the animal. However, the feline only recoiled and hissed when Y/N tried to approach her. The black cat extended her sharp claws and savagely swiped at the girls hand, causing the latter to intake a sharp breath. Y/N briskly pulled her arm away and glared at the cat as she cradled her bleeding arm in disdain.

"Are you okay?" asked Umeji, moving closer to inspect Y/N's hand. The H/C-haired girl sighed and showed him the damage.

"Yeah, just a scratch" she muttered bitterly, staring at the floor. Umeji looked at her annoyed expression for a moment, before allowing for a small chuckle to be released from his mouth.

"What are you laughing at?" Y/N snapped, now turning her glare on her boyfriend. The blonde merely shook his head at her behaviour, before taking her hand and gently guiding it towards the cat. Once the H/C-haired girl realised what he was doing, she swiftly pulled her arm away from his hold.

"Like hell am I touching that fur-ball again" she announced whilst crossing her arms. Umeji sighed but reached for her arm regardless.

"Trust me" was all he said as he continued to guide the girl's hand towards the black cat. Y/N's heartbeat involuntarily jolted at the intent behind his voice and had to suppress the rising blush from the somewhat intimate contact. Umeji carefully moved her hand with his larger one holding it and held it in front of the felines face. The cat smelled it uneasily, but eventually relaxed and resumed back to it's drinking. Umeji lifted Y/N's hand over the furry head and gently placed it on top.

He didn't let go as they stroked the cat together and Y/N found herself absentmidedly leaning into his muscular frame. She carefully laid her head on his shoulder and proceeded to laugh heartily when he ran his fingers through a section of her hair.

"I'm not a cat Umeji" she teased, grasping his hand and holding it in hers with a small smirk plastered on her face. The blonde stared back with that devious expression she so admired and proceeded to place his hands on both sides of her face.

"No, you're better" he murmured, bringing her face closer to place a soft kiss to her lips. He felt Y/N grin into the kiss as his heart soared at the elating sensation.

He simply couldn't believe how lucky he was to have her there in his arms.