CHP. 23 • Secondhand Embarrassment •

Y/N was walking down the hallways of her school, glancing warily at her surroundings. She was currently trying to find Umeji, but it seemed that luck was not on her side.

'Where the hell is he?' Y/N wondered as she ventured through the school. She had already searched various locations including; the incinerator, his home room and the fountain area, but still to no avail. Y/N's footsteps echoed on the hard white floors and she groaned in frustration at being unsuccessful in finding him. However, a sudden realisation occured to her, causing the girl to internally facepalm.

'For God's sake! I could have just called him!' she thought angrily as she wiped out her phone and dialed his number. After a few rings Y/N began tapping her foot impatiently. She had something important to discuss with him and the fact that it was taking him ages to pick up, was beginning to play on her nerves. Y/N almost felt like ripping out her hair when the call went to voice mail, meaning that Umeji either didn't have his phone with him, or was busy doing something else.

"Fuck this!" yelled Y/N, practically throwing her phone into her bag, "There are literally only so many places he can go!"

Y/N was about to storm off again in search for her significant other, when suddenly, a saddened whimper brought her attention to a nearby bathroom. Y/N rose an eyebrow but walked in cautiously, curious as to who was producing the noise. She carefully peeked around the corner, only to frown once she noticed a girl with long orange hair, sobbing quietly by the sink. She had her hands pressed to her face and parts of her body were shaking from her emotions. Y/N was hit with a feeling of deja vu as she continued to examine the girl. It was almost as though she had seen her before. Y/N racked her brain as she tried to remember who the girl was and suddenly, a lightbulb went off in her head.

'That's right! I saw her sitting with the black-haired male who was choking earlier' thought Y/N, her eyes lighting up now that she had identified the redhead. Y/N watched as the girl cried, and although she wasn't sure why, something inside of her decided to approach her. Y/N walked out from around the corner and took small steps towards the orange-haired girl. She gently tapped her on the shoulder and stood back, causing the latter to jump unexpectedly.

"W-What do you want?" asked Osana, staring at Y/N with wide eyes, almost like she expected to be mocked any second. Y/N looked at the girl and softened her gaze, choosing to wear a comforting smile rather than her usual demeaning expression.

"I just came to see how you were doing, because I saw what happened earlier on the roof top" answered Y/N, causing Osana's eyes to shine with surprise.

"W-What, seriously? You saw that?" she asked with a light stutter, a small blush lighting up her visage. Y/N merely nodded and came closer to place her hands on the girls shoulders. Osana gasped stared warily at the H/C-haired girl, who was showing an unusual amount of concern at the moment. Osana certainly wasn't used to this side of Y/N.

"Why are you so upset? Is your friend okay?" Y/N asked, raising an eyebrow curiously. Osana nodded.

"Yeah, h-he's fine. It's just..."

Suddenly tears began to stream down Osana's face once more, alerting Y/N slightly.

"It's just that I was so nervous to give him the food that I had especially prepared to him and I made a huge show of how I wasn't always going to be there to look after him, only for the food to turn out horrible and for him to run away to vomit!" exclaimed Osana, speaking her words quickly and in one breath.

Y/N barely managed to comprehend what she was saying due to the speed of her dialect, but she understood the jist nonetheless. Despite Osana not being one of Y/N's close friends, she still sympathised with the girl and pulled her into a comforting hug. Osana sniffled a little from being embarrassed, but didn't hesitate to hug Y/N back. She had heard stories about the H/C-haired girl bullying others, but it seemed that Y/N was very nice to her and Osana wasn't going to change that by being rude or sceptical. Once Osana had calmed down Y/N turned to her with a gentle smile.

"Don't worry, if he's your real friend I'm sure he'll forgive you" assured Y/N, causing Osana to nod.

"Yeah, Taro is a very forgiving person."

"There, see? Then I'm sure there's nothing to worry about."

Osana looked to Y/N and smiled. The orange-haired girl didn't have too many friends because of her hot-tempered and somewhat cold attitude, so Osana was grateful that her and Y/N were on good terms.

Meanwhile, Y/N was busy thinking about the situation with the mysterious black-haired girl. Although to her it seemed that the food was spiked as an act of revenge, something in her gut told her that there was a lot more than meets the eye. It almost gave her... an eerie vibe. Y/N looked up to meet Osana's eyes with a new look of determination in them.

"If you ever need any help, just come to me, alright?" she spoke, "I'll always be happy to resolve any issues, just... don't cry, everything will turn out okay."

Osana looked at Y/N with shining eyes and quickly whipped her tears away.

"O-Of course. Thank you so much Y/N-sama!"

Y/N only nodded her head at the red-haired girl, before waving to her and leaving the bathroom. There was still so much to think about and so far, it had already managed to give Y/N a headache. Suddenly, the H/C-haired girl bumped into someone abruptly, causing her to fall to the floor.

"Hey, watch where you're going!" yelled Y/N and another voice simultaneously. She glanced upwards and sighed when she recognised the one and only; Umeji Kizuguchi standing before her. They both stared at each other for a few moments before bursting out laughing at what just happened. Umeji stretched out his hand and gently grasped Y/N's before pulling her to her feet. The H/C-haired girl smiled and shook her head at their combined stupidity.

"That was something" commented Umeji, earning a grin from Y/N. She quickly linked her hand with his and tugged him along with her. Umeji looked at her questionably and raised an eyebrow, but Y/N refused to say anything until they were outside and well away from the school building.

"I need to tell you something very important..."