Chapter 18- Husband?!

2-3-14

Erm.... I love you all? Please don't kill me? Please? <3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cassie’s POV

                Now you might have expected me to lash out at him and try to rip his throat out… Or you may have assumed that I just sat there like a log.

                If you guessed the first one then you’d be right. The second I realized who he was I yanked against the chains binding my wrists to the chair. It wasn’t until I felt the burning on my wrists that I noticed the fact that the chains are silver.

                Hissing in pain, I kept my eyes locked on the bastard who is now smirking at me. It looks to me like he’s finding amusement from seeing me in pain. Why am I not surprised?

                I stopped yanking against the chains but sat rigid in the hard wooden chair, glaring at him with as much hate as possible. This fucking man is the person who took my daddy away from me. From my family.

                As much as I would love to break myself out of this chair and rip him apart limb from limb, I know there is no way in hell that I can break out of these silver chains. I can hear Annabelle whimpering and whining in my head. It only causes me physical pain but to her it must feel like her whole body is on fire.

                So now not only do I hate him for killing my dad- I also hate him for hurting my wolf. Two people that I love.

                “You motherfucking piece of shit. If I ever get my hands on you I will kill you. And trust me I’ll  make it painful.” My voice came out gruffer than usual and pained since Annabelle and I were talking at the same time. Poor Annabelle. If I ever get the chance to kill this fucker I’ll make sure to torture him enough for both of them.

                Calm… Cassie. Don’t let… anger… get to head. Could get… us killed.

                Annabelle managed to pant out. I clenched my jaw and the guy took a small step forward. His smile is even bigger now. I had to hold back a growl as I felt my body start to tremble with rage. If he keeps smiling like that I’m going to end up opening my mouth again and pissing him off even more.

                If the circumstances were different I would have no problem with that. The only thing holding me back is Annabelle’s pain and the fact that if I piss him off he could easily kill me. And I can’t do that to… Damien.

                I felt my chest ache painfully when I thought about him. I am so stupid for ever leaving him. He has been nothing but sweet and kind to me-and a little perverted but that’s beside the point-and I repay him by running away. Running away from my problems like the coward that I am.

                 I was yanked out of my thoughts when I felt a lock of my hair move. My eyes refocused and I snarled when I saw his face only inches from mine. My head jerked back as far as possible to get away from his smiling face.

                “Now now, little Cassie. Is that any way to talk to your future Alpha… and husband?” His finger twirled the lock of hair around and around while my whole body locked up.

                What… no. No! What in the fucking hell does he mean husband?!

                “What the hell are you talking about? I am not going to marry you. Not now. Not ever.” I spat the last word in his face and he looked angry for a split second before composing himself and releasing my hair.

                He straightened up and stepped back as his smiled returned.

                “Believe what you want my sweet. But by midnight tomorrow night you will me my wife. And then you’ll carry my pups.” He ran a finger over my stomach and I snapped in his direction.

                “No one is allowed to touch me other than my mate. And his pups are the only ones I will be carrying. Not yours.” His jaw ticked and I saw his eyes flare with anger yet again.

                “That is where you are wrong. Your parents rejected my offer when you were younger. They kept it from you. And that’s exactly what got your precious daddy killed. He and your bitch of a mother wouldn’t let me take you as a bride when you got older. They wanted you to find your mate. See where that got them?” He snarled coldly.

                We stayed locked in a heated glaring match until he removed his gaze and cleared his throat.

                “Remember what I said Cassie. By tomorrow at midnight. Not a minute later.” He turned and left without another word, slamming the door on his way out.

                Once he was gone I sat there for about five seconds just staring into the darkness. Then my head dropped onto my chest as I wept.

                I’m sorry Damien. I’m so sorry for everything.

………..

Damien’s POV

                WHERE THE FUCK IS SHE?!

                I roared. Everyone winced from the loud volume but I didn’t stop, just kept sprinting around and sniffing the air. Cassie’s scent drifted to my nose yet again and I yelled in rage. My paws slammed into the ground as I bolted through the trees.

                We kept running and didn’t stop until we got to the place where she said she was. I have been looking for almost thirty minutes now but I can’t find a clear trail. I have no idea where my angel is and I can’t even mind link her yet since we haven’t fully mated. That is going to change very soon.

                As soon as I get her back I’m going to make her mine fully. I love her with all of my heart and I am not going to let her get away from me again. There is no way in hell.

                I kept weaving through the trees and stopped when my nose picked up a somewhat fresh trail. Cassie. I took off, bolting through the trees and leaping over anything in my way. My wolf took over and I felt my legs move even faster, pumping so hard that they’re already burning.

                The others ran after me but some of them are having trouble keeping up since I’m an Alpha. But I’m not slowing down. Hell no. If they fall too far behind they can follow my scent. I’m not going to let her get any farther away from me. My chest is already aching and throbbing since she still isn’t with me.

                The wind blew my fur back and I felt my eyes start to water as well.

                Jeremy is the only one who might be able to keep up with me but he had to stay at the pack house to take over while I’m gone.

                He may be in charge for a while longer because I am not going back until Cassie is safe and with me.