Chapter 6-Meeting the Alpha and... Frolic

:3 The song on the side is Lullaby by NickelBack. I was listening to it when I was writing the part where Cassie cut herself. Then I thought, 'Wow, this song really fits her situation. So please listen to the song because... it's seriously an exremely good song and I LOVE it. :]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cassie’s POV

                On Friday I refused to go out of the room, not to eat or anything. Jeremy came in a few times to check on me and Isabelle stayed with me until she had to go to school. She’s actually a really good person and a great friend but I’m in one of my depressed, non-social moods. The moods that only David and mom can pull me out of and make me feel better.

But seems they’re not here, it just kept getting worse until all I did was lay there, staring blankly at the wall, unmoving. The time passed slowly and with many attempts from Jeremy and, when she got home from school, Isabelle trying to get me to eat or get up, something.

                Now it’s ten o’clock and they’ve both let up for the night. I’m glad. I know it shouldn’t but seeing them worry about me made me feel bad and it reminded me of Mom and David; that just made my mood worse. I probably said ten words all day, if even that.

                I didn’t go to sleep, just sat there, absorbed in my thoughts all night. At around eight in the morning Jeremy came into my room, holding a plate of eggs and bacon and a glass of orange juice. He sat down by my legs on the bed and put the food on the side table. If I wasn’t really depressed right now I know my stomach would be growling and I would be ravenous but I don’t feel anything right now; just… numb.

                “Morning. Please eat,” he begged, his eyes sad and pleading. I gave him a sad look and shook my head. He sighed and ran a hand through his short hair. I instantly felt horrible and frowned. “You know, Damien is going to be here today and then you’ll probably get to go home.” When he said that name it sparked something inside me. Anna instantly woke up from her little nap, yipping and pacing around inside my head.

                When I didn’t say anything or move he sighed again and stood up, leaving the food here as he walked across the room and left. I still didn’t move, just laid there.

                Twelve o’clock. Damien will be here in two hours. That’s the first time I’ve called him anything other than Alpha, even in my head. My wolf apparently liked it because she purred. I shook my head; something is definitely up with her right now. I’ll get up to meet him when he gets here and then hopefully he’ll let me go home.

                One o’clock. Isabelle and Jeremy have been bugging me and telling me that I should get up so when he gets here I can meet him as soon as possible. I slowly uncurled from the position that I’ve been in for the past day and a half, standing up. You have no idea how stiff I am right now. No. Idea. But it’s my fault so I guess I shouldn’t be complaining.

                 Shuffling into the closet, I found a pair of grey skinny jeans, black converse, and a dark blue baggy sweatshirt. Going into the bathroom, I took a quick shower, dried and brushed my hair, and changed into the clothes. I left the shoes off. Then I went back into the room and curled up on the bed again, waiting for the Alpha to get here.

                It’s about ten minutes till-my door slammed open and I jumped a foot in the air, my eyes going wide. I looked over to see an extremely tall, handsome guy standing in the doorway, staring at me with beautiful, hypnotizing grey eyes that pierced into my soft hazel ones. Anna instantly started howling and yipping, jumping around crazily. He has silky-looking black hair with a few strands hanging down in his eyes. The tight white button-up shirt that he wore made it easy for me to see the outline of his perfect eight pack; the rest of his arms were bare, letting me clearly see the muscle there as well. He wore a pair of black slacks and shiny dress shoes. He must have been at a meeting or something formal before he came back.