The two dark haired males felt awkward just watching and mouthed that they were going to start setting up the attic before it was too late. You nodded at them and guided the boy to lay on your lap and he immediately did so, the two of you settling into a comfortable silence. "The boys are going to set it up now and I'll stay with you for as long as I can, and you can get your reward, okay?"

He seemed to perk up at the mention and it made you grateful.

Lifting up your hips a little, you grabbed your phone from underneath you, noting you had around an hour left before your dad returned from his work. Letting V relax for a couple minutes longer, you patted his back before forcing the two of you up, coincidentally the others walked in at the same time. "We've finished most of it, you can do the last touches."

Smiling, you thanked them, grabbing V's hand and pulling him out of the living room and towards the stairs, he grabbed your elbow to yoink himself forward and took to wrapping himself around your arm instead. Patting his head, you helped him up the stairs (he had greatly improved from last time), before reaching the ladder to the attic.

You decided to let him go first, just incase he slipped and needed something to land on. He seemed hesitant as he knew of these consequences, more worried about squishing you than injuring himself. "One foot at the time, okay?" he nodded, carefully listening to your words and following through, soon reaching the wooden flooring.

He shuffled over a little, to make room for you to come up, when on the last step, he offered you a hand and pulled you up with too much force. The two of you toppled over and you ended up landing on top of him.

Squealing, he kicked the heels of his feet on the floor and secured his arms around you, giggling joyously. You were so glad he was back to being happy.

Lifting your head, you clambered off of the boy and looked around, confused when you saw just an old sofa in front of you with a white sheet pinned up behind it.

Realising what had been done, you stood up and moved around the couch, using your hand to tell V to do the same. Pulling back the sheet at the side, you smiled at the little set up.

By the small window was a thick pile of spare blankets and duvets, piled on top of each, as to not make the floor uncomfortable. Pillows sat against the walls, layered the best they could. There wasn't much to it, but it was cute and comfy, personally you loved it.

V watched you fondly as you admired the space and fake to the conclusion that he would try and be the bestest boy he could. He didn't like seeing you sad, and it had clearly affected you when he had been upset earlier.

Shyly, he tugged the back of your shirt, suddenly feeling a little timid. "Can we watch the movies now please?"

He beamed when you nodded your head, instructing him to stay where he was- he protested of course, not wanting to be parted form you again but you had promised to be quick.

Getting comfy, he lay his head into the blanket, noticing it was one of yours and starting smelling it. Your scent always had a way of comforting him and so he melted into the sheets, turning his head to the corner of the room.

Oh no.

There was another teddy. He gulped, staring straight into its lifeless beast eyes, acknowledging this thing could also want you. Scrunching up his face, he grabbed the bear and chucked it across the room, just as you had popped your head through, entering with your laptop.