Chapter 14

"Are you done yet?" Brian knocks on the \door.
"One second Brian, I don't know how to do this." I snap slightly.
"Okay, okay..."
I read the directions and I do as I'm told, now I have to wait for a  couple of minutes.
I flush the toilet and then I go out to Brian holding the Pregnancy test. My dad then walks up the stairs. I quickly put it behind my back and try to act casual.
"What do you have behind your back?" My dad questions. "I know you're hiding something from me, Courtney." 
I could tell he was drunk, as usual.
"I have nothing, dad." I reply.
"What does she have behind her back, Brian?" He tries to get the answer out of him.
"Nothing, she has nothing behind her back, Todd." He says snapping a little. My dad then slaps him across the face. "Don't call me that, I am your father!" He exclaims. 
Brian and him always gets into fights with each other when my dad is drunk. Its because Brian doesn't like it when he's drunk, he doesn't tolerate it. 
"Don't fucking slap me you piece of shit!" Brian pushes my dad forcefully. My dad glares at him and then looks at me.
"What.. Do you.... Have behind your back, Courtney?" He asks me again, I ignore him and I head straight to my room quickly. I close the door and I hide the test under my mattress. I then turn my head to the door as it slams open. "Tell me, Courtney, I'm not stupid!" He yells. "I don't have anything, dad." I say. "Yes you fucking do! Don't you dare lie to me!" He says. "I'm not! I don't have anything! I'm not hiding anything from you!" I snap at him. He shakes his head approaching me."Don't lie to me." He then pushes me into the wall pushing me up the wall by my throat. "Dad... I ca...Can't breath." I gag and cough. 
"Get the fuck off her, dude!" Brian tackles my dad to the ground, I fall and I start to cry. 
*** 
"Yeah, he's drunk mom, I can't deal with him anymore...-" ... "-He's on the couch passed out...-" ... "I'm calling you because he hurt Courtney..-" ... "-He left hand marks on her.-" ... "-He pushed her and then grabbed her by her neck pushing her against the wall then I had to tackle him.-" ... "-What do you mean you'll talk to him the next time he does it!?-" ... "-Mom... What if the next time he does it he kills her...-" ... "- So you're just going to let him do it another time?-" ... "-That's pretty much what you just said, mom..-" ... "- I'm done with this conversation, I want you to have a conversation with him about what I talked to you about when he's sober, please? For Courtney's sake..-" ... "-Thanks.. Love you, too, bye." 

Brian hangs up the phone and looks at me with tears in his eyes. "I'm so sorry, Courtney." He says. "Its fine, trust me." I go to my room, Brian follows me. 
"Where'd you put it?" He asks, I knew what he was talking about so I pull it out of underneath my mattress. I look at it nervously. "Positive..." My heart feels like it dropped into my stomach. I look at Brian as he's pale than ever. "Are you okay?" I ask. "Aren't you happy, Brian?" I ask again. "I am very happy." He replies, then starts to cry. 
My dad then pops up in the doorway, of course, not sober. "What's positive?" He slurs. "Um. I.." I was speechless. "What's positive, Courtney. Tell me." He holds up his whiskey bottle. 
"I'm pregnant, dad.." His eyes widen. "What!? Who's the fucking father!? I'll fucking beat his fucking ass!! I'll fucking kill him!! After I kill you!!!" He snaps. "Kill her, Todd? You're not going to kill her, you'll have to get through me first..." Brian steps in front of me to protect me. "You're the father?-" He looks at Brian and then me. "-You let your own step brother be the father? That's... Disgusting.." My dad says. 
"Don't kill her." Brian says as he completely ignores what my dad says. "Fine, can I kill you?" He instantly replies. "Kill me?-" Brian laughs sarcastically. "-How about, no. You're not going to kill me because I want to be here for this child of mine." He says. "So, you don't deserve to be a dad, you're not good enough." My dad says. Brian doesn't say anything. 
"Good enough? He's perfect, dad. Unlike you." I step in. "Trust me, I'm perfect." He stands in honor. "Perfect? No one is perfect.. If you say you're so perfect you wouldn't of left bruises on my neck from slamming me up the wall..." I say crossing my arms. "Shut up young lady! You have no right to speak!" He snaps at me. "Freedom of speech, Todd." I say. "Todd, huh?" He instantly pushes Brian out of the way because he's stronger than Brian. He pushes me on the bed and then gets on top of me, slapping me. Brian tries to get on top of him to push me off, but he doesn't accomplish.