Chapter 12

"Courtney, meet, James." Brian says as he introduces James and I together. 
"Hey, please... call me Jimmy." He says. 
"I will. And you can call me anything you would like to." I smile. 
"Oh. Can I call you Mini?" He asks. "Because you're small." 
"No, its just that you're tall." I laugh a little. 
"No? But you said I could call you anything I want." He groans. 
"I meant yes you can call me that but, no I'm not small." 
"Then what's the point of me calling you mini if you think you aren't small because you are like a twig compared to me. I mean come on. I'm like over six foot." He laughs. 
"Yeah, yeah. I know... And I'm exactly five foot." I look down. 
"Ladies, Ladies." Brian interrupts our conversation. "I'm glad you guys get along. Now, Courtney, I want you to meet other people, too. Like, Matt, Valary, Johnny and Zacky." Brian says. 
"Okay." 
We walk over to this tree that they are all (I'm assuming) sitting by. 
"Hey!" Brian says as he approaches them. 
"Hey!" Everyone says. 
"Who's this hottie?" This guy winks at me. He looks short. 
"Johnny, she's my step sister." Brian replies. 
"Oh. Can I have  her?" 
"No you can not have her!" He smiles. "I'm to overprotective." He laughs. "Anyways, Johnny, this is Courtney. Courtney, this is Matt.-"
"Hey."
"-This is Valary, Matt's girlfriend.-"
"Please call me, Val." 
"-Annnnnd this is Zacky, the one who is always READING." 
"What?! I like reading, isn't my fault!" He laughs. "Hi there, beautiful." He winks and then bites his lip. 
"Who's your favorite?" I ask. 
"What do you mean?" Brian replies. 
"Who's your best friend?" 
"James, I've known him the longest." 
I nod slowly. "Well, nice to see you guys." I say as I almost walk away because I hear the ten minute bell ring. 
"Woah, woah woah. Where do you think you're goin'?" Zacky stands up and turns me around. "Please don't leave us, lets get to know each other better, yeah?" He smirks. 
"Fine..." I say as I slump down into the grass. 
"Why the long face, Courtney?" Valary asks. 
"I'm... I'm just tired..." I say lying. 
"Tired? Why are you Tired? Didn't you sleep throughout summer break?" 
I shrug a little looking at Brian, knowing that he knows what's wrong. 
"Sleep in class, if you need help with any classes, I'll help you, I get straight A's." She smiles. 
I roll my eyes and I get back up going straight to class hearing Valary say, "Did I say something wrong?"