Chapter 9.

"Do you think I'm going to be okay, Brian." I ask him.
"Of course I do. You're going to be just fine." 
He says running his hands through my hair on his knees beside me as I'm on the couch. 
"How many of those pills did you take?" He asks. 
"I took four today." I sigh. 
"Four? You're a crazy one, aren't you? I'm more upset than mad at you. If you were to take all of them at once, your intestines wouldn't be able to take it and then you'd bleed to death, cough up blood, puke up blood. That's why I'm keeping an eye on you, so you don't cough or puke up blood." He explains.
"I know what would've happened, that's why I did it." I mumble. "How many times am I going to throw up?" I ask. 
"As many times as it takes for the prescription to ware off." He says. 
I groan. "I'm hungry." I say. 
"Are you sure you want to eat? All you will do is just throw it up." He replies.
"I'm sure I can handle it, I don't want to starve myself." I laugh a little. 
"Alright." Brian says as he gets up going to the kitchen. "What would you like" He asks. 
"I don't know, how about a bowl of cereal." I say. 
"Okay." He replies and soon comes back with a bowl of cereal. He hands it to me. 
"Thank you." I sit up slowly. 
"You're welcome." He says sitting down slowly on the couch.
I start to eat and I finish it, surprisingly. I sit there for a moment. "Yup... I'm going to throw up..." I say as I put the bowl down onto the coffee table. Brian grabs my hair and puts it in a loose pony tail. I bring the bucket closer to me and I lean over. Brian starts rubbing my back. I throw up and I go to the bathroom. I put the bucket down near the toilet seat and then I throw up more. Soon, I eventually stop. Then, Brian comes in. 
"Are you okay?" He leans up against the door looking at me as I'm against the bathtub.
"Yeah, I'm fine..." I mumble and I stand up. I go to the sink picking up my toothbrush to brush my teeth. 
I put my toothbrush down. "There was no blood, right?" He asks. I just shake my head. 
"My stomach doesn't hurt that much anymore." I say smiling a little at him. 
"Well, you did throw up like fifteen times..." He replies in a snappy tone. 
"I'm sorry. I thought you cared.." I snap back pushing him out of the way so I can get to my room. 
"Courtney..." I hear him sigh. 
I come out of my room. "What!?" I snap crossing my arms. 
"I do care, Courtney... I do care..." He says. 
"Do you really care, Brian?" 
"I do, Courtney. How do you think I don't care?... I'm really upset with you, Courtney... I'm fucking gone for three days... And you try to kill yourself...? Is life really that bad? Huh, Courtney..? If I would've found you dead... What would I of told mom and dad...? "Courtney killed herself." I'd say... Then I'd say everything that you told me... Then they'd say "Why didn't you tell us anything about it?" Then I'd think it was my fault... Courtney, I really do care about you. I've never felt like this before.. Its something new. I love you Courtney..." 
"Brian... Please don't start crying.." I say as I start crying myself. 
Brian walks towards me. "I love you..." He says.
"I love you, too." I say. 
He smiles and slowly pushes me against the wall. He then kisses my lips softly, I kiss back. 
"Why do you love me?" I ask. 
"Because I love you." He replies. 
I smile very slightly at him. He then kisses me again. He keeps kissing me making it deeper with every kiss. He puts his tongue in my mouth, I pull back. "What?" He questions at me pulling away.
"I don't want that... I'm not ready for that." I respond.
He looks at me in a glaring way. "Look... I'm sorry I don't want your tongue in my mouth." I snap a little pushing him away. I go to my room and I slam the door.