chapter fourteen

|it's you, it's you, it's all for you, everything i do|

ch. 14

green

"Hidan's gonna kill him," (y/n) sighed to no one in particular, watching the scythe-wielder chase a meek conditioning student around the ring. They were instructed by the teachers to head to the outside training fields. There were only three fights going on at a time, keeping the destruction minimal.

Orochimaru-Sensei was in charge of pairing up shinobi; any logical, sane person would create partner the students by rank, size, skill, and/or weaponry. That didn't seem to be the case because Kisame's sparring partner was a short girl that lacked muscles, Deidara's partner specialized in Genjutsu, and Konan's partner was a rock user-- Orochimaru-Sensei must've used rock, paper, scissor logic for that pairing.

"Have faith in my students, (y/n)," Minato replied behind her. His arms were crossed, his muscles threatened to rip the seams of his shirt, and his lips were pressed in a tight line. He observed his students on the training field as they were being mercilessly overpowered by the Akatsuki's flashy jutsus. Every so often, the ground shook from Kisame's sharks or a thick cloud of dirt erupted from Konan's paper bombs.

"I don't know, they look like they're struggling," She said coyly. "They'll probably tap out soon."

"You think?" Minato asked, glancing at her through the corner of his eye. He saw her nod slowly with a proud smile.

"I know so, sir."

The breeze that smelled of petrichor and cherry blossoms blew (y/n)'s bangs out of her face. Her plump, rosy lips were agape as her eyes were slightly squinted; the mix of concentration and excitement was a peculiar expression she only wore when anticipating a fight. Minato admired that look, seeing the fiery passion burn through the (e/c) windows of her soul.

"I think they're in over their heads," Minato said truthfully, waiting for a counterattack from his students. Slowly, but surely, they were figuring out ways to avoid the viciousness of their opponents; they still had yet to land a hit on the Akatsuki though.

"Oh please, they're not even putting in ten percent effort and they're still untouched," (y/n) gawked, her smile not wavering because of the amount of faith and respect she held for her peers.His stern front dropped for a moment when he cracked an amused smile and a small chuckle bubbled in his throat.

"No, you do it!" A voice from a distance exclaimed, it sounded like a group of girls pushing a poor student out of their comfort zone. (y/n) paid no mind to it, waiting for Minato's reply.

"I was literally kidding!" A high-pitched voice said, getting closer to the duo. They probably passing by, (y/n) concluded but couldn't help but tone into their conversation.

"You have to! You would be so cool if you did!" Another girl squealed, then a skin-on-skin slap -along with a startled yelp- followed.

Minato's smooth voice snapped (y/n) out of their chatter, saying, "Trust me, there's more to meets-the-eye."

"Seeing is believing." She continued to stand up for Kisame, Konan, and Hidan. They all appeared to be falling asleep. Cockily, Hidan flipped his tall weapon then leaned against it, covering his pretend yawn with his hand.

"He sure is confident," Minato spat out, seeing the Jashinist's actions.

(y/n) was quick with her response. "He's only playing around. His not trying to hurt him, you know."

A fake cough caught (y/n) and Minato's attention, a girl being tailed by two others averted her eyes shyly. "U-Um, M-Minato-Sensei?" She said, her clasped hands pressed in between her developing bust.

So it didn't seem like she was over-minding business that isn't hers, (y/n) looked away and continued to watch the sparring, her hands twitching in anticipation to be thrown into the ring. Though it appeared that she wasn't listening, she made sure to keep an ear open.

"What is it, Nakamura?" He asked in a polite tone, referring to the female by her surname.

"I- no, we were, um," She stumbled over her words as a dark hue colored her nose and cheeks. "W-We were wondering, y-you don't h-have to if you, erm, don't want to-"

"Speak clearly, Nakamura," Minato commanded in hopes that will speed up her talking.

She cleared her throat before continuing. "Of course, my apologies. We were wondering if you were willing to help up train today?"

"Isn't that why you signed up for conditioning class?" He said, making (y/n) almost laugh out loud because of his -fake- obliviousness.

"N-No! I meant, like, after school?" The girls face was engulfed in a deep red, covered by her chocolate locks. (y/n) sucked on her teeth, making a tch sound. Her doe-like eyes narrowed, a wave of jealousy washing over her senses. More than ever before, (y/n) wanted to smash something-- and not like the sexy kind of smash.

Minato noticed her sudden mood swing, it was an one-eighty from her playful behavior. He wanted to know how far her envy would go for him if he said yes. It was a convincing scenario, however he decided that it wasn't for the best. "I'm sorry, but I have to decline."

"Why?" One of the girls asked in a snarky tone. (y/n)'s hues rolled, mimicking her with displeased look when the girl looked away.

"I have a tight schedule," He said as blandly as possible.

"Doing what?"

"Well-"

"Respect his privacy," (y/n) snapped, not only causing the girls to shut up, but Minato as well. She loured at the nosy girl, frightening the nameless strangers. Minato has never seen this side of (y/n); her joyful demeanor usually overruled her chilling possessiveness-- something she hid very well, he would've never guessed that she was the type to get jealous easily.

It exhilarated the azure-eyed man's need for (y/n). He had to ground himself, for, if he didn't, he would've covered her enticing skin in purple-and-blue hickies. Just the though of sucking the crook of her neck or on her collarbone made him want to pin her against his desk. He could imagine her writhe in pleasure while his face buried between her thighs.

"Teacher's pet check!" One of the girls shrieked, a few of the conditioning students heard her scream. There was a recent fad going around Konoha Academy that mocked any student that stood up for any Sensei. The people who said such things claimed that it was an inside joke so nobody had any reason to be offended.

Cackling, the girls left, leaving Minato and (y/n) alone. Face red with anger, her eyes trailed their retreating forms for a split second then her gaze returned to the training field. She didn't even realize that the fighters switched. Hidan, Kisame, and Konan were being congratulated by the other classmates in Chakra Science, meaning that they all won-- appearing like they didn't even break a sweat. As expected from high-class nin.

The next nine were up; (y/n) only recognized Sasori, Pein, and Kimimaro. Every student, with awe, stared at the battle field. The newer conditioning students held themselves fairly well compared to last spars. Kabuto and Orochimaru-Sensei's eyes were trained on the fights, Kabuto often jotted notes onto a clipboard.

She was still fuming, her nails dug into her pressure-whitened palms while her tense arms stuck to her side. The audacity of the girls replayed in her mind on an endless loop, and she would've socked the teacher's-pet-check-in-an-annoying-voice girl. Regardless of how she felt, she feared the consequences her mother would bestow upon her.

Reassuring no one was within earshot of him or (y/n), Minato cooed, "You're sexy when you're mad~"