Part 1

Abby walked into the dormitory with a sigh. Her head was a mess of thoughts and she was already exhausted despite it only being mid-afternoon. She had spent most of the day unpacking her things - a job yet to be fully completed, saying bye to her parents, meeting the other girls on her floor, and getting oriented to the new campus.
It was move-in day for her first year of college, and her emotions were all over the place, but most of all, she was excited for the four years to come.
What would college be like? What kinds of friends would she make? How would she perform in her classes? A million questions raced around her mind as she surveyed the room where she would live for the next year. It was a typical college dorm - small, a bit dirty from the dozens of girls that had lived there before, with two beds, two desks, and not much else.
Abby's roommate had yet to arrive, and Abby had a mixture of nervousness and excitement at the thought of meeting the stranger who she would be sleeping a few feet from every night.
"I should probably finish unpacking" Abby thought to herself as she instead laid down on her bed, deciding that she deserved a rest before her roommate arrived.
Abby was a pretty normal 18-year-old girl. She tended to be a bit shy before she got to know people and was a bit geeky with her fascination with comic books and superhero movies, but she had a tight-knit circle of friends and got along with just about everyone.
Her friends would describe her as a bit immature, but that didn't bother Abby. She knew what she liked and didn't feel like she owed anyone an explanation - even if what she liked was watching cartoons and occasionally playing with dolls that she was a bit too old for.
She was a bit smaller than most of her friends, both in height and build, but she had an attractive and well-proportioned body. She was slender, but still had her curves and was proud of the young woman that she was turning into.
Her body was more the product of genetics than effort as she despised the gym, mostly because she hated being watched. And she felt like someone was always looking at her at the gym.
She had brown hair that fell at her mid-back and framed her petite face in a cute, girlish way. Her smile was probably her best facial feature, once she felt comfortable enough to show it. She had a girlish charm, and her non-threatening look and mannerisms allowed her to get along with just about everyone.
As Abby lay on her bed, her mind began to wonder. She hated to admit it to herself, but what made her most nervous about college life were the boys. Abby had never had a boyfriend. She had only kissed one boy, and that was at some stupid party that one of her friends had dragged her to.
The knowledge of a relationship was foreign to her, and the thought of making love was equal parts scary and thrilling to her. She wanted to blame her lack of experience on her parents, as they were very conservative, but she knew that wasn't the primary reason.
Abby had to blame herself for that one. She could picture herself sleeping with a man, but sleeping next to a man, in the same bed, was a bit more problematic.
Ever since she could remember, Abby had been a bedwetter. She and her parents had tried just about everything to fix the problem, but nothing seemed to work. She had gone to doctors and therapists, tried setting an alarm to wake herself every few hours during the night, dehydrated herself. Nothing worked. More often than not, she would wake up to wet sheets, feeling embarrassed and ashamed.
She had long ago resigned herself to the only reliable way to keep her sheets dry - diapers. Abby had a long relationship with the infantile garment, and her nightly diapers changed as her body changed and her nighttime accidents got bigger.
She had started out with pull-ups in elementary school, upgraded to Goodnights during middle-school, and graduated to adult diapers when she was in high school.
In the last year, she had to upgrade to specialty, thicker, nighttime diapers because the store-bought brands were too thin and would occasionally leak. She ordered these from an online company that specialized in making thick diapers that would last all night despite Abby's tendency to pee multiple times in her sleep.
Abby had a bit of a love-hate relationship with her new, thick diapers. It had taken a while to get used to the extra padding between her legs when she tried to sleep at night. She had a hard time getting her knees to touch when the diapers were dry, and there was no way to fully close her legs once they were wet. The plastic backing was also crinkly, and every time Abby heard her diaper rustle, she was reminded of how embarrassed she should feel to need nighttime protection at all.
On the positive side, however, the diapers were well made and fit her snugly once all four tapes were put in place. She had gotten used to them enough that she could sleep soundly in them. Best of all, she had never had a single leak since she upgraded to her new diapers. She had had plenty of nighttime accidents over the past year, so this was a testament to the quality of the diapers.
There were about fifty of these diapers, plus changing supplies, in a locked crate under Abby's bed. She knew that keeping this a secret from her new roommate would be tricky, but she was determined not to let anyone know her secret.
Her parents would send her care packages every month with new diapers discreetly, she would wear under her thick flannel pyjamas, and she would wrap her used diapers up in disposable shopping bags before throwing them away in the communal garbage can. Plus, she didn't wet the bed every night, so she wouldn't have too many diapers that she had to throw away in the morning.
As she thought about all these things, Abby was in the process of dozing off. She was awakened with a jolt when her dormitory door was flung open and in walked her new roommate.