| kōushi |

| kōushi |

"do you really have to leave so soon? i'll let kenma come over, you should say hello first." (first name) pouted as she clung to my jacket.

"i might miss the bus, its a long travel back home." i said as i pat her head. "i'll meet him in matches anyways, moon cake."

"but that wouldn't be the saaame." she whined. "it will be if you're there." i said as i gave her a good bye hug.

"you should visit me soon." i told her, "its tiring coming all the way to tokyo." i said as i laughed, "tell your mom and dad i already left, okay? i can't wait for them to get off work."

"i will. you have to be safe okay." she said, "promise me." she followed as she held out her pinky. "i promise."

"see you, kenny." she smiled

"see you, moon cake." i said as i started to walk off. the weary feeling never disappears no matter how much time has passed.

i wasn't kenny. yet, telling her that i was made her feel a lot better.

• × •

"kōushi, dear, we're going to visit your aunt (mom's name) in the hospital today." i heard my mom say, "is she sick?" i asked.

"no. we have a new family member that needs to be taken care of." she said as she playfully pushed me to my room, "get dressed!" she said while smiling.

a new family member? i didn't know aunt (mom's name) was pregnant.

i did what my mom said, i got ready and in a flash, we were already at the hospital.

there was a really pretty young girl who was asleep on the hospital bed. "who's that?" i asked as aunt (mom's name) ruffled my silver hair.

"she's going to be my daughter." she said as she smiled. "her names (first name). she's been in a bad accident so she doesn't remember much." she said once more.

"so, this makes us.. cousins, right?"  i said as my mom chuckled, "you're right, what a smart little boy you are."

"will she wake up soon?" i asked.

"i hope she does, she must've been exhausted from the ride to miyagi." my aunt explained.

"kōushi, can you do auntie a favor?"

"mhm"

"can you be (first name)-chan's best friend?"

i didn't quite get why i had to be her best friend before, i said yes either ways.

"mommy and your auntie will talk outside for a while, stay with (first name), okay?" my mom said

"okay."

as soon as they went out, the room fell into complete silence. nothing but the air from the ac was heard.