| bus ride |

• (first name) •

"Okay, so, (first name), kenma, you go at the back." Kuroo said as he was reading the sitting arrangement he made.

"Yaku and Lev at the middle"

"Let's go.." Kenma mumbled as he took your hand and went on to the end of the bus.

"Ah. Okay." You said as you were trying to pull your bag.

You were clearly struggling while carrying your bag, kenma stopped walking and stared at you.

He stared long enough for you to feel uncomfortable.

"Uh..kenma?" You asked.

He didn't speak up. You felt awkward, but then he grabbed your luggage and grabbed your hand once more.

You were so surprised that you couldn't even speak up. But you were sure that you were as red as a tomato.

As soon as you got to the back of the bus, you sat near the window since you told kenma you like sightseeing.

"So kenma.." You said trying to attempt a conversation.

"What?" He asked.

"Uh. Don't you think that the excursion was exhausting? Especially since you played against aoba johsai." You said.

"It was okay.." He said as he stared out the window as well; you did too.

As the both of you were looking, you gasped as you saw someone fall from the stairs.

"Are you okay?" Kenma asked worryingly.

"Uh.. Yeah.. I just saw someone who fell from the stairs." You explained as it seems that you caught kenma's attention.

"Why so?" He asked.

"Well, you see, when I was a kid, I was afraid of stairs because I fell into one. And I was scared of basements. They seem so...dark.. And I don't feel safe in them." You explained as you saw kenma thoroughly listening to you.

"Did I get your attention, kenma?" You asked.

"You kinda did." He said as he rested his back on the chair.

You started to story tell your childhood.

"You see, I'm not really blood related with my family." You said.

Which made kenma stare at you.

"At the age 6, my current parents adopted me."

"Did you know why your parents left you? What orphanage were you in?" He continuously asked questions.

"No. And, you know what, I think my parents never wanted to mention that I was adopted." You said

"I just overheard the conversation. I never brought up the topic because I never want them to worry.."

"And, I accept my fate either ways." You said as you smiled.

"Do you have any other memories of your childhood?" Kenma asked looking as I'd he knew you from before.

"No." You said but you remembered your friend.

"All I know is,  I'm scared. Frequently. And, I had a friend as well.." You said; kenny.

"A friend?" He asked.

"Yes, a friend. He used to hold my hand whenever we go down to the basement because he knew I was scared." You explained and said "he told me to get over with it too."

"Do you remember who that friend was?" Kenma asked.

"Uh..no. But, kōushi always told me that , that was him."

"I always believed him since I had a blur memory."

"And, he's always been by my side." You said as kenma suddenly held your hand.

He gazed at you and mumbled, "you don't remember kenny?"

"Wait.. Kenma, how do you know the name kenny?" You questioned as your feelings were confused

kenny was the pen name of your childhood friend. Though you were never sure what he looked like, but you were sure that, kenny and (nickname), were one of the things you can never forget in your childhood.

• × •