Chapter 7.5: Calm Before the Storm

No one's POV

Brian was alone in the room with the hidden person still in the shadows. His back resting against a wall as he was deep within his thoughts. But that is interrupted when the sound of a portal catches his attention. He barely turns his head to the sound and saw the two survivors kneeling in front of the person in the shadows.

"So?" The man in the shadows asks impatiently. "Were you able to locate the girl?"

"Yes." One of the survivors replied. "And just like you've suspected, the Zinogre brought her back to her mother."

"I see..." The person mutters, thinking. "Is he still with them?"

"Yes."

"...."

Brian watches the person cautiously. He stares in silence as the conversation continues.

"And the other target?" The person asks.

"The others managed to track it, sir." The other replies.

"Excellent. Now we-."

"But the target is moving quickly. They haven't managed to catch its attention. We will still need to use the girl to lure it out."

"...." 

"..." Brian waits for something to happen. Even though he couldn't see the person, he could of swore he saw the man's eyes glow for a moment. "..."

"Brian." The person eventually brought his voice up.

"Sir?" Brian asks.

"...It's time to move onto plan B. Understood?" The man asks sternly.

Even though the man asked, Brian knew it wasn't a question. A nervous sweat drips from his face as he hesitantly nods. "...Yes, sir..."

"Good." The man says coldly. "I expect for you to not make the same mistakes like last time. We didn't manage to bring the Lunastra with the Teostra, so you cannot afford to fail me."

"....I promise...."

Before the man could say anything else, Brian walks out of the room. As he did, he sneers as he curses the man internally. 'You damn bastard...Don't think you can boss me around. You're plan won't be easy to pull off. But still...'

Meanwhile...

In the canyon in a different realm, Luna's husband and his subordinate were standing in front of several people in armor. Their armor was made out of both metal and different kind of scales. Behind him were two monster corpses, beaten and roasted.

"We're clear." The King says, causing the others to relax.

"Thank you, my Lord." One of the people in front of him says. "You saved us."

The King smirks. "Of course. It's my duty as the current emperor to-."

The wind around them suddenly picks up, sending shivers through almost everyone's spines. Deafening thunder booms in the air above, nearly breaking everyone's ear drums. The ground shakes, enough to make almost everyone lose their footing. Everyone was yelling, confused and afraid, by the sudden change of the environment. However, the King wasn't fazed by any of this. He casually looks over his shoulder into the air and saw red lightning cracking in the sky.

"The hell...?" He mutters.

The sound of wings flapping could barley be picked up by the King under all the ruckus. The shaking quickly stops. He lifts his nose into the air and sniffs for any odd scent. It took him a moment before picking something up. Though before he could get to identify the scent, the wind relaxes as the thunder and lightning disappears along with the scent, as though nothing happened.

"..."

The King fully turns around and walks away from the others. Everyone soon eases up as their King was squinting into the sky, thinking. He heard everyone murmuring about what just happened. They all agreed that they don't know what in the realms could have created that storm. No recorded Elder Dragon could have done that. The King lowers his head and his hair covers his eyes. He knows that what just happened was not an accident. He also knows that this was supposed to be a sign...a warning. Whether it was for them or something else was unclear to him.

His subordinate walks to his side as the others were still chatting together. "Sir, what-?"

"Get everyone back to the meeting hall." The King mutters so the others couldn't hear him.

"Pardon? What about that-?"

"Go. Now..." He says as he tightens his jaw. "It isn't safe to stay any longer."

"..." His subordinate hesitantly nods, seeing his leader serious for once in his life. "Understood. Will you come with us?"

"No...I will go deal with whatever that was as a distraction."

"I understand that you want to protect the guests, but as your second in command, it is my duty to-."

"And as your King, I order you to go without me..."

"..." The soldier hesitantly took a step back. This entire time his leader never looked at him, meaning he could not be persuaded to change his mind. The soldier bows in apology before walking to the others. "As you wish, my Lord. Please, be safe."

"..." Hearing the soldier's footsteps distance themselves from him and the chatter from the others fade, the King lifts his eyes. His eyes were sharp, full of anger and caution. "Something isn't right..."

===To be continued==>

Hey everyone. Sorry for the short chapter. I forgot I had this, so I thought I should put this out as I'm still working on school. Not only that, but I also made a new story. This time it's solely a Monster Hunter story. So yeah...that's all for now. Peace out.