Chapter 6.5: Suspicions & Distrust

No one's POV

A few people were standing around in a dark empty room. Practically nothing could be seen within the dark. Most of the people in the room could hardly be seen, though a few stood out.

Two of them were the Fallen Angels who fled from the fight with y/n early in the day. They were standing in front of someone who was hiding in the shadows of the darkest side of the room. The hidden one was sitting on what appears to be a throne. Another identifiable person was the man who y/n fought and lost against. He was resting his back against one of the walls, arms folded on his chest. His one eye was shut, most likely sleeping. That was until he heard a voice coming from the darkest side of the room.

"You failed to complete the task I gave you."
A stern voice sneers, talking to the man. Hearing the voice made the man open his one eye and slightly turn his head to the voice's direction. "I knew I shouldn't have trusted you, ape."

The man scoffs. "Oh really?" The man asks mockingly, though his tone quickly turns serious. "Funny..." He mutters ominously.

He steps away from the wall and took a step forward, causing the rest of the people in the room to tense up and take a step closer to him to defend their leader. He shoves his hands in his pockets as he eyes all the people surrounding him carefully. He had a bored expression on his face as he focus his eyes on the person hiding in the shadows.

"You hired me to get rid of him." He emphasizes on the word "rid", referring to y/n. "You never said to kill him. If you really wanted to me do that, you should have payed me much more than the original price. Especially after I gathered the Deviljho and that Bazelgeuse."

The person rests their chin on the back of their palms. "And the girl?"

The man shrugs with a smug smirk. "Forgot about her." He lets out a small chuckle, causing the person he was talking to to snarl at him.

"Brian, was it?" The person asks coldly, causing the man to look serious again. "What's stopping me from killing you right this instant? You seem very distrustful and unreliable, so-."

"If anyone was to be killed in this room right now, it would be you." The man, Brian, interrupts. "Want to know why?"

"...." No one says a word, either afraid to speak up or haven't figured out Brian's question yet.

"Because you're all weak compared to us monster-human hybrids. In fact, I believe you're all weaker than an ordinary brainless monster. None of you have the ability to stand up to a single Elder Dragon. I can kill you lot without needing to worry about transforming or using my armor."

"Want to test that, bastard?" One of the survivors from y/n threatens, making Brian turn his head to him. The Fallen Angel summons a spear of light in his palms and the rest soon follow. Some even took a step or two forward.

"..." Brian smirks as his eye shimmers. "Oh? You dare approach me?" Seeing as none of the Fallen Angels dare to move, Brian couldn't help but laugh. Though that was quick before he grins. "Very well! Then try to get as close as you want!"

He lifts his right arm to the air, palm open. His hand illuminates a bright light before quickly dying down. He drops his arm and something massive crashes into the wooden floor.

Everyone looks shocked by Brian's weapon

Everyone looks shocked by Brian's weapon. They were caught off guard as they saw it was as tall as its owner. He lifts his weapon up and lets it rest on his shoulder like nothing as he still had his grin on his lips.

"What's wrong? Having second thoughts?"

"...." The Fallen Angels tried to keep or force their cool. But some were clearly afraid as sweat drops off their faces and their bodies shake. But before a fight could commence, the person in the shadows lost his patience.

"That's enough!" He shouts, causing everyone in the room to turn to him. "How much will it cost to kill the Zinogre-hybrid?"

Brian's weapon disappears as he folds his arms. "That depends...How much are you willing to pay?"

"Whatever you want." The person says sincerely.

Brian looks at the man in confusion. "Really? Getting rid of him means that much to ya?"

"Yes...I can't afford to have any distractions or interferences with my plan."

"Oh? Why not?"

The person moves their mouth. Brian's eyes widen in shock as he heard everything the person says. The Fallen Angels hesitantly put their weapons away as they saw Brian listening.

"You crazy son of a bitch." Brian says angrily through gritted teeth. "Do you have any idea how insane your plan is?!"

"I'm willing to do whatever it takes, including taking a risk of loosing our alliance with the Youkai. Understand?"

"..." A single drop of sweat runs down Brian's face. "So that's why you wanted me to gather those two to attack the tribe members who were going to that meeting..." He mutter.

"Perhaps..." Was all that the person says.

Meanwhile...

In some dark cave in an unknown realm, a large creature was sleeping in some nest. It was unidentifiable as the area was pitch dark. Countless shapes that resembled spikes were stuck in the ground around it. The creature opens its red glowing eyes and gets up on all four. It stretches its body as its wings spread out and its tail slams on the ground. It growls as it walks out of the cave, each step making a small thud as it walks.

===To be continued==>