Chapter thirteen;;

Start from the beginning

Never the less.

I sighed and pulled out my phone. Unclicking the case, I pulled out the twenty and went to buy myself some icecream. I shoved my change in my pocket.

Nick. Arson. Nicholas Dean Arson. I stoppped moving when a frisbee hit my arm. Then a dog barreled into me.

I barely stood my ground against it at first, but the collie was practically harmless once I had my footing. Now on the beach, I heard a girl call, " Hey, throw the frisbee back, yeah?"

I picked it up, keeping my icecream away from the dog, and tossed it to her. literally red hair was pulled up from her face into a high ponytail, and she was wearing a sporty tank top and black shorts, along with running shoes. A little black strap on her arm kept her heart beat and her face was covered with a light sweat, " sorry," She said, catching the frisbee, " Cacknee was supposed to catch it."

" It's okay." I said, smiling.

She grinned, " I'm Nora."

" Carter."

" Nice to meet you."

" Nice too meet you too." I pet Cacknee's head, " both of you."

She giggled, " thanks." She watched me for a minute, then said, " I was about to sit down. Wanna talk?"

With a shrug i said, " um sure."

We sat down on a bench and she tossed the frisbee for her pup to catch. Meanwhile, she told me she was in a fitness program made to build up muscle instead of just lose weight, " I need to gain more muscle mass, you know? I'm seriously undertoned. Before this, I couldn't even lift my backpack let alone run three miles."

" and now?"

She grinned, " Now I can pick up my backpack."

I laughed, " good."

" How bout you? Are you from here or?" She asked, throwing the frisbee again.

Cacknee bolted after it while I said, " no. I'm from New York, actually."

Nora's crazy grin spread over her face. She was an easy kind of pretty, her red hair wasn't natural but it looked that way, and her skin was pale but clear and everything on her just framed who she was well, " No kidding? what brings you down here?"

" My grandmother actually." I started, then shrugged, " she ill, and I was gonna take her back home... before her time, or whatever."

Her eyebrows drew together, " oh i'm sorry... how is she?"

" She's alright... She just can't make it back, you know."

Nora nodded, " yeah. well it's good that you're down here to be with her."

I smiled, and so did she. She was right, it was good that I was here. I could still be at home with no ride, no money, no gas. Without Nick I wouldn't have been able to see her again.

Cacknee barreled into Nora, and she dug her fingers into the dog's fur, " well, I best be heading back. We should talk again sometime."

" Um, yeah, sure." I broke out my phone and so did she.

After exchanging numbers, she gave me a quick hug, " I hope your grandma does get better."

" Me too." I said, then she pulled back and waved.

Nora jogged off with Cacknee and I started to walk back to the hospital. In good timing too, Nick texted me, Angel, where'd you go?

I replied, went for a walk. I'll be right back.

The hospital was colder inside then I remembered. Once back at my grandmas room, I looked into the window to see her smiling at Nick. She patted his hand, and he smiled back. He looked happy, but there was something deeper. Like he knew something.