Chapter Five;;

Warmth.

It was such a nice warmth. I mean, really nice. I wanted to curl closer, get lost in the nice scent of it, to dig into my muscled pillow.

Oh god no.

When I opened my eyes, horror pulsed through me like adrenaline. My head was tucked under Nick's chin, one of his arms was loosely draped around me. I could see the angle of his collar both, the collar of his shirt pulling down slightly to show the soft, gently tanned skin. This was far from okay. My fingers dug themselves into his side.

He jumped, almost sending me back and off the bed. As he regained his composer, his raked his fingers back through his hair. His voice was cold as he snapped, " Angel, for fuck's sake, stop waking me up like I'm a worthless piece of...." He stopped yelling, and starred at me for a second. It was like he had caught himself doing something he hadn't meant to. Without a word, he stood, pulling off his shirt and tugging on a McCarthur's Park shirt, one that had a cake with green icing melting off of it in the rain. Without any warning to me, he started pulling down his pants, revealing a bit of his black boxer-briefs. I squeaked, and turned around, my skin flushing a few shades of red.

When I dared to peak back at him, Nick was watching me with a raised brow and a new pair of jeans on. Tugging on his boots, he left the bedroom and started breakfast. I shut the door, changing into white and blue striped shorts and a tank top that said DARE. Tugging on my converse, I opened the door and leaned in the doorway. I was quiet for a minute, unsure exactly what to say, before mumbling, " I'm sorry."

He looked at me, eyebrow raised, " for what?" He asked, his tone now returned to the annoying, rich, simple tone he normally used. And it sounded so damn innocent.

" for waking you up like a bitch." I replied, the words rolling smoothly off my tongue, caressing the air with an ease I was actually very well aware that I posessed.

He flashed a crooked grin, " It's fine, Angel. sorry I snapped at you." His tone was so light as he adjusted hims beanie, " there's days where i'm not a morning person."

Priceless, just a few days ago he was completely okay with waking me up at six in the morning, and sneaking into my own household. Not that it mattered. I nodded, and sighed, asking, " what's for breakfast?"

I reached up on my toes, practically leaning against him as I tried to see what he was cooking, looking over his shoulder. Why was he tall, and why was a little below average height? His lopsided smile touched his lips, and he said, " getting a little close, aren't we Angel?"

I flipped him the bird and jabbed his side again, making him jerk to the left. I earned a quick glare from him before he slid back into his relaxed persona.

" Nothing." He said, with a whistle, sliding back over to where he was making pancakes. He handed me a plate and sat two pancakes sprinkled with chocolate chips on top of the dish. I watched wide eyed. He chuckled, and asked, " would you like chocolate syrup on them?"

I looked up at him like he was the lord of all lords. I nodded slowly, looking down at my pancakes as he chuckled, and drizzled a small amount over them, swirling it just for kicks. I licked my lips, barely hearing him as he said, " can't have to getting too fat."

" Shut up." I shot, quickly. Then I asked, " who taught you how to cook.

" Myself." He said, simply, making a set of pancakes for himself, " and no seconds today Angel. Like I said, no fat for you."

I shot him the glare of death, but today it wasn't as strong, and started eating. Honestly, the plate I had now was filling me up quicker than expected. He took my plate when I finished, and rinsed both dishes off in the sink. He headed over to the drivers seat and startled the engine, " on to day three. You ready, Angel?"