Chapter Six;;

When I woke up, the first thing I noticed was that I wasn't warm. And I couldn't have been happier. with a smile, and a sigh of relief, I stretched, turning in my bed so I could reach the nightstand.

When I pulled my phone off the night stand next to me and read the time, anger took over my features, instantly dousing any good mood I had kindled not minutes, no seconds, before. Someone was going to die, " Nicholas whatever your middle name is Arson! It is one in the after noon and you never woke me up!"

I was well aware that it was not his responsibility to wake me up every morning, but when it's one in the bloody afternoon, and the person you so graciously share a bed with hasn't woken up yet, you should probably check to make sure they aren't dead. Nick's laughter drifted to the back of the van, muffled just faintly, " sorry Angel. Good morning to you too."

I rolled out of bed, and drug my bag out from under the matress. Dropping it on the bed, I dug around for clothes. Pulling out a pair of jeans and a tank top, I quickly changed into them, and secured my bag back into it's original spot.

I weaved my way to the front of the van, and fell into the passenger seat, " so how's Arson today?" I asked.

He tossed me an apple, which I took a bite out of unhappily, and said, " i'm doing just wonderful. And you, Angel?"

" Starved. Did you make any food?" I asked, as I bit into the apple again. There was no way this fruit was going to be enough for me.

He gave a nod, a sly smile finding it's way to his lips, " yeah actually." The sound of waffles popping out of the toasters met my ears. The little idiot. He grin spread just a bit more, showing off his pearly white teeth, as he continued to say, " i'm one step ahead of you."

" of course." I muttered.

I tripped over my own feet, trying to get out of the passenger seat and to the waffles. Then, I burnt my fingertips trying to grab the hot delights. Manning up, I threw them on a plate and fell onto the couch. I could feel the van moving beneath me. It felt like I was floating while eating my waffles. That's not something you can say everyday. Definately something to check off my non-existant bucket list.

When I finished the second one, my stomach fully satysfied, I rinsed off the dish and returned to my seat next to Nick. I sighed, buckled up, and looked out the window. Then a road sign popped up, and I let out a, " yes!" pulling my fist down in a winning motion.

" what?" He asked, curiously.

" a gas station!"

He arched a brow, " How far is it?"

" A few miles. You can read, right?" I teased.

He rolled his eyes, " yes mother, I can read. But i'm also lazy. What's the point of reading a sign you already read? I could just asked you. Duh."

I restrained from flipping him off. We blasted a few aerosmith songs, and nodded our heads along with a few Guns and Roses hits.

When we arrived at the gas station, I wasn't impressed.

It was easily nothing fancy, and nothing about it struck me as an appealing place to fill my car. or in this case, van. The brick was poorly painted grey, the paint peeling, and the red that stained the roof and gas pumps was faded into a measly pink, hardly a selling factor. Even the words were hard to read at the point of fadement it was attending.

Climbing out of the van, we found that the inside wasn't any more appealing. The shelves were stocked with everything offbrand, the second class soda was fairly overpriced, and the restroom facilities were a horror scene. I didn't think it was possible, but the stalls were smaller than the bathroom on the van.