today was a good day

being really happy throughout the day is something i'm not entirely used to.

like, sometimes i'll be a bit happy for some parts of the day, but then something just comes along and ruins my mood.

but so far, i've been really happy the last couple days of my internship, and i think it's because kyoka and i have started dating. my face heats up at the thought and a wide smile grows on my face.

"alright. venom, today's the last day of your internship. so far we haven't had anything major, just that one incident where that cat with a quirk had managed to cause a small twister, but everything's been going smooth, and i think that you've grown quite more knowledgeable throughout your time here," backdraft says, and my smile turns embarrassed, and i try to shield my face behind my hair.

the man just chuckles and pats my head softly, but the calm atmosphere was ruined by one of the firefighters, Takahashi, ran in and yelled that there was a villain attack closer to the inner city.

backdraft gives me a look, as if telling me to get ready, and i nod as we run after takahashi to get to the fire trucks where everyone else is loading up.

it takes around ten minutes for us to actually get there, unfortunately, because even though sometimes cars move out of the way for us, there's always tons of traffic and fucking retarded drivers. it really sucks, seeing as something really bad might've happened because we were late due to people in their fucking cars.

we could get there quicker if you let me

i sigh. he's really saying shit like that when he knows i'm supposed to follow backdraft's orders.

'bitch we've had this discussion. i can't let you do anything without backdraft telling me to use my quirk. i could get in a shit ton of trouble with aizawa later for it, and i'd rather not.'

you're no fun

when we finally reach the place, there's fire everywhere, and there's a hulking villain in the middle with a small group of hostages behind him. from this distance, he towers over most of the heroes present, has bulging muscles, and looks like he has weird thingies coming out of his knuckles.

"venom! you try to find a way to get to the hostages! we'll do our best to put out the fires and make it safer for the heroes!" my mentor yells to me, and i nod, getting out of the truck and going into one of the buildings surrounding the villain that wasn't completely on fire.

we're finally getting some action! yes bitch!

"yes we are, but we're rescuing hostages, not beating the shit out of a villain," i state, rolling my eyes, but i move further into the building and manage to get myself into another one that was directly behind the villain and the hostages.

backdraft and the fire department were doing their best to put out the fires, but they just continued to rage. seeing as i'm closer to the villain and i can get a better look at his quirk, it looks like knives or something coming out of his body, and some of them are engulfed in flames.

that's pretty badass

"you're right, but he's still a fucking villain and he's hurting people, so let's get this shit underway, alright?"

with that, i let my arm be covered by venom's, and carefully send it out to the hostages, wrapping it around one of them, but gently covering their mouth so they don't scream. once i pull them back here, the woman looks at me in shock, but tears well in her eyes as she smiles at me thankfully.

i nod at her, letting my other arm be engulfed, and i send both of them out to grab two others, doing the same as i had with the woman. i did the same for the last three hostages, getting them out of there as quickly as possible, and i sigh in relief once i see that they're all unharmed.

"okay, please follow me, i'll get you all out of here. is anyone injured or can't properly walk, so that i can assist you?" i ask, looking them all over, and one of the young men crawls towards me and nods, so i let my arm change again to pick him up as gently as i can.

i make sure to keep them all in front of me so i can see them, directing them in the way i came in, and after a couple minutes, we arrive back by the heroes, some of them noticing and looking at us in surprise.

"is that all of them?" my mentor questions, still putting out fires with his team, and i nod, so he gives the go for the other heroes to go and apprehend the villain, who had yet to notice his missing hostages.

once everything was over and the villain was arrested and the fires put out, backdraft walks over and pats me on the head.

"you did a good job today, venom. i have no doubt you'll make an amazing rescue hero someday, and i can't wait to be there when it happens," he says proudly, and i beam up at him. despite being nervous the entire time, he says i did a good job, and that's all that matters to me.

some of the fuckers that got used as hostages are staring at you, bitch

i frown a little and look over at the small group that were wearing shock blankets and saw a few of them staring back at me, so i hesitantly walk over and smile nervously at them.

"um, hello? is there something wrong?"

the woman that i saved first shakes her head, smiling kindly at me, and my cheeks begin to flush from embarrassment. it's weird being smiled at by people you kind of just saved.

bitch there's no "kind of", you did save them. goddammit, stop belittling yourself, it's so fucking annoying

"no, there's nothing wrong. we're all just very grateful that you saved us back there. thank you so much. but, you're not a hero, are you?" she says, and i nervously rub the back of my neck.

"ah, no, i'm not. i'm interning with backdraft this week to become a hero. also, you're welcome, but you really shouldn't be thanking me, because if it weren't for backdraft, i wouldn't have been sent over to help, and..." i ramble, but stop when i see the former hostages looking at me with small, amused smiles.

"well, thank you, anyways. you'll be a great hero, one day," the young man that i had to carry earlier looks at me with a kind smile, and i smile back at them before running over to backdraft.

today was a good day.

damn straight it was

i chuckle. "i can't wait to tell kyoka-chan."