Chapter 3

Damian hurried back to the Batcave as quickly as he could, hoping to beat his father home. He figured that it would be better to explain the situation to his father when he returned, then to show up late and be caught with some strange girl.

   However, his plan did not work out how he would've liked.

When Damian and the Tamaranean girl arrived at the Batcave, Damian mentally swore when he noticed the Batmobile already parked.

"Damian, you're home from patrol late," said the voice of Bruce Wayne, having heard his son come in.

Bruce was by the Bat-Computer, speaking with Alfred, with his back turned to Damian.

"Yes, I know, my apologies. But I had a reason," Damian said.

Bruce turned around to see that Damian had brought a girl, a complete stranger, into the Batcave.

"What is this?" He asked his son, his expression stone cold, but clearly repressing anger. "Who is she? Why is she here?"

"I believe she is the reason, sir," Alfred said.

Ignoring Alfred's comment, Bruce continued. "You know the rules, Damian. You can't just bring in any civilian—"

"She's not a civilian, Father. She crash landed in the streets, she's an alien." Damian replied.

"Then why didn't you call for backup?" His father demanded, folding his arms.

"I was going to. But I heard the sirens, I knew you wouldn't have had the time to deal with—"

"Tim was on patrol tonight, too. Why didn't you call him?"

"You know I don't need any help from Drake," Damian retorted.

Bickering between the father and son continued. The girl became uncomfortable from the yelling and drew further into herself.

"She's a Tamaranean!" Damian exclaimed loudly, stopping the overlapping of his father's voice and his own.

Bruce paused. He actually knew about this particular alien species. Now he was interested.

"Tamaranean? Like Starfire?"

"Yes, like Starfire. She—"

"Starfire?" The girl interrupted, suddenly. "You know Starfire?"

"Yes, we do." Bruce moved closer to her. "Do you know her?"

"She's my mother."

  This shocked everyone. Starfire had a child?

"Your mother? Then... who are you?" Bruce asked her.

"Princess Mar'i of Tamaran, daughter of Princess Koriand'r." She said.

"A Princess!" Alfred said. "My, my. I don't believe we've been in the presence of a princess for quite some while."

"Why did you come to Earth?" Bruce asked Mar'i.

"I'm looking for my father," Mar'i told him.

"Who's your father?"

Mar'i frowned. "That's the problem. I don't know who my father is. I only know that he is from Earth."