Chapter 13

"I thought you were taking a break from being Batgirl," Damian addressed the blonde woman.

The three teens arrived back at the Batcave along with Stephanie Brown, after she had caught them in their crime-fighting endeavors.

"That was just until my exams were over. And they're over," Stephanie replied.

   Damian nodded curtly, folding his arms and staring at the floor. Colin and Mar'i were both silent. The three teens were sure that she would tell Bruce that she caught them. Or worse, she'd tell Bruce and Dick.

  "So," Stephanie continued. "I didn't think that Dick would let his long-lost baby girl into the world of crime fighting."

"He doesn't exactly know..." Mar'i said, shifting uncomfortably.

  "That figures," Stephanie said. "Do you plan on telling him?"

"Eventually..."

   "This was just a test mission for her," Damian interjected.

"We think with some training, she could be like one of us," Colin added. "Her skills are incredible. We could use powers like hers out in the field."

   Stephanie pursed her lips in thought and said nothing.

"You're not gonna tell, are you?" Mar'i asked, tentatively.

   "No, I won't tell. I'm not the snitching type. But I do think you should tell Dick," she answered.

    "I will, I will. I'm just worried he'll be mad at me. We're in a really good place right now and I don't want to ruin it."

"Trust me, you won't ruin anything as long as you tell him. Just don't wait this out for too long. He should've seen this coming, honestly," Stephanie admitted. "You're the daughter of Nightwing and Starfire, how could you not carry on the legacy?"

Colin nodded in agreement with her.

  "So," Stephanie spoke again. "These little practice patrols can keep going on, but I want in."

Damian raised an eyebrow at her. "Why?"

"To help. Just in case things get too out of control."

"Tt," he scoffed. "We're perfectly capable of watching out for Mar'i ourselves."

"I was talking about you and Colin," Steph countered with a smirk. "If Mar'i or I hadn't intervened, you two would've gotten shot."

"I mean, she's not completely wrong," Colin admitted, turning to look at Damian.

Damian simply rolled his eyes. He wasn't having any of Stephanie's jokes tonight.

  "The point is, if I'm with you , Dick and Bruce might not protest to the idea as much. You'll have had an adult monitoring you," Steph pointed out.

"That could work," Mar'i said, glancing over at Damian for approval. He seemed to be in charge of the trio, at least for now.

  Damian remained silent, pondering the idea. Colin turned to him and gave him a persuasive look.

"Fine," Damian agreed.

******

"Well, I'm off," Dick announced as he made his way into the living room.