Chapter 7

"Are you there?" Batman asked Superman over the transceiver.

  "Not yet," Superman responded. "If I heard Kara correctly, Tamaran was a little ways further than where Krypton used to be."

Superman was traveling through space in a Justice League spaceship. He was following through with the plan he and Batman had come up with. He was to travel to Tamaran and find Starfire to inform her of the whereabouts of her daughter.

  Something in the ship's control panel beeped. It was the GPS, Superman noticed. It said that Tamaran's coordinates were straight ahead. Superman looked up but saw nothing out of the ship's window. Nothing but cosmic dust, and meteor bits.

He tapped on the glass of the GPS panel, assuming it was faulty. But, the GPS simply beeped again, restating that Tamaran's coordinates were directly in front of him.

   "Superman?"

And that's when it dawned on him.

   "Clark? Clark, do you read me?" Batman said.

Superman sighed. "Yeah, I read you."

  "What's going on? Have you found Tamaran?"

"I found it alright."

  "And?" Batman pushed, hoping to get more answers.

"Houston, we have a very big problem," responded Superman.

******

   "Hey, Mar'i," Dick called out from his place at the computer. "Come look at this."

Over the past two weeks, Dick Grayson's relationship with his daughter had slightly progressed. They talked more. She would eat at the table with him. She called him "Father."
He would have preferred "Dad" but, it was a start.

  "What is it?" Mar'i asked entering the room.

"I've narrowed it down to two schools to register you at, but I wanted your opinion."

  "What is school like? I know you learn things, but what else?"

"Well, there's a lot of clubs and activities you can do, you can sit and talk with friends during lunch, things like that." He told her and she nodded her head, understanding.

"Anyways, here are the two schools. There's Blüdhaven High, which is the closest school to us. It's a public school. And there's also Gotham Academy, which is a private school. Obviously, it's up in Gotham, but if you decide to go there it'll be a thirty minute bus ride."

  "What's different about Gotham Academy?" She inquired.

"Well like I said, it's a private school. So that means that you have to be accepted by the Headmaster to get in. It's where Damian goes to school."

   Mar'i pondered this for a moment. Both schools seemed nice, but at least at she'd already have a friend at Gotham Academy. Before she could answer, the telephone on the desk rang.

Dick picked it up and checked the Caller-ID. It was Tim Drake calling from his cell phone. He answered it.

  "Hey, Tim, what's up?"

"Hey, Dick. There's, uh, something that you have to..." Tim paused, seeming at a loss for words. "You and Mar'i should stop by the manor. It's important."