Chapter 1

Aboard their ship, the Gordanians were approaching the home planet of the Citadel, where they would soon be unloading their precious cargo.

"Lord Trogar will be pleased with us," a Gordanian said.

"Yes," the other agreed. "This one is special. We've had Tameraneans before--"

"Even their Princess, Koriand'r," the first cut in.

"But this one... She is exceedingly rare! She is a princess and half-human."

"We will be highly awarded for this."

"Indeed we shall."

"Do you suppose we check on her?"

"Why not?" The Gordanian shrugged. "It has been a while."

The two Gordanians walked down the long hallway where the kept their prisoner. They stopped at a circular door. One of them hit a button and the doors slowly slid open, revealing a small room with nothing in it but Princess Mar'i.

She was strapped against the wall by her arms and legs by some sort of metal cuff. Her arms were straight up, strapped above her head. She still wore the titanium manacles. Her legs were slightly spread and strapped by the ankles. Her head was down and her long black hair was hanging in front of her face.

"Hello, Troq," The first one said to her.

No answer.

"Look at someone when they speak to you!" The other one shouted, yanking her hair, forcing her to look at him.

"Hello," she forced out, the words tasting like metal in her mouth. She flashed a fake grin that was sickeningly sweet. This earned her a slap across the face.

"You will speak with respect toward your masters!" The first Gordanian exclaimed. "Be grateful your punishment is not severe this time."

"And why is that?" The Princess asked, dryly.

"We are delivering you to the Citadel today," the second one told her. "They want you in decent shape, otherwise you might not be able to perform your... duties."

Both aliens chuckled evilly, knowing what the Citadelians would do to her.

      "Zarod, inspect the Troq. Make sure she is good condition," the first one instructed, wearing a wicked grin.

The other Gordanian, Zarod, nodded and did as he was told. He bent down and placed his large, clawed hand on her ankle and slowly slid it up her leg.

"Any abnormalities?" The other first one asked Zarod, sarcastically.

"A few scars, but they are faded," Zarod replied in the same tone.

They were all well aware that he wasn't actually checking for anything. This was just more of their sick torment.

His hand slid higher up her led until he reached the curve of her hip and briefly stopped. "No abnormalities in this area, Kaldron."

"Excellent. This will please her new masters. Continue."

Zarod's hand moved up from its resting place at her hip and slowly moved it upwards, getting dangerously close to the curve of her breast. He looked up at her with a sinister smile. Taking hold of the situation, the princess spat on him and he roared in anger.

"I don't care if they want her in good condition, this Troq needs discipline!"  Zarod shouted, undoing the metal straps and letting Mar'i fall to the ground.

He dragged her by her arms out of the room and pushed her back down to the ground. Kaldron handed him a large whip. Zarod took it from him and raised it up above his head, ready to snap it on her.

Suddenly, Mar'i jumped up and swung her cuffs against Zarod's head, knocking him down. Just as Kaldron tried to attack her, her eyes began to glow and she shot him using an eye-blast.

She rushed over to the control panels and slammed her trapped hands against the "Open Hatch" button. The two Gordanians got to their feet and Mar'i quickly took flight, fleeing from her prison of the past year and into open space.

She knew that they would begin to follow her and desperately tried to think of a place to escape to.

Then it hit her. She could go find her father on Earth.

  Her mother didn't speak of her father often, but she did mention that he was an earthling.

Just as she had suspected, her two captors had started firing at her from their ship and were racing after her. Using all the energy she had, Mar'i continued to fly until she reached about light speed. She flew straight ahead for what seemed like forever, until she found the blue and green planet known as Earth.

She took a deep breath and flew straight towards the planet. She soon broke into its atmosphere and flew downwards with all her might. Her sudden acceleration caused the ends of her hair to burst into flames, creating a streak of violet light behind her.

She suddenly found herself plummeting into the hard ground of a busy city full of people. And now their attention was on her.