Forever in the Mafia: III

Chapter 3: marrying me
Contains mature content and upsetting themes. Enjoy 😊

It was Friday. The whole week had gone by promptly as today I meet my future husband.

My mom and father were ecstatic, very satisfied by the alliance especially my father whom had been telling me all week how I should not act, basically telling me not act like my sarcastic self.

Stiles had just drove me home from an exhausting day of school, I opened the doors and walked into the humongous living room where my mom instantly greeted me. "Are you excited" mom questioned beaming as she embraced me. I scrunched up my face at the affection " i'm just totally excited and over the moon to meet the guy I'm being forced to marry" I replied sarcastically.

" don't be so rude Astrid this is a great opportunity" my mom scolded pulling away from the hug. "I got you a gift to wear for the dinner" she pulled out from a black hanger bag a beautiful silk scarlet red halter dress, it is mid thigh length with a plunging neckline

"I don't know mom doesn't it look quite... flashy" I asked looking at the vibrant red color. "no it's perfect and you need to stand out. First impressions are always important".  Mom handed me the bag and forcefully guided me to the stairs "now quickly go get ready they will be here at 7" she exclaimed.

I climbed the stairs to my room, a weird fluttering feeling gathering in my stomach. I wanted to delay the inevitable so I decide to watchTV before dressing.

I put on the silk red halter dress and my black suede flats (hopefully my mom won't notice), a gold princess style necklace with a small black jewel and as always my black metal ring with GG initials engraved  on my right index finger. I chose to leave my hair in its natural waves around my shoulders.

I looked in the mirror admiring my dress, it was beautiful but not appropriate for the occasion. I saw the time was 6:55 and ran downstairs. Ramneet, Alex, Matteo and Sophia were all waiting by the door in a military line. I joined quickly.

"Astrid. No flats" my mom scolded glaring at my feet. Before I could even respond opened the doors and people entered. Guess I'll be wearing my flags, I smiled to myself triumphantly.

"Adrian. Nice to see you again" father greeted shaking  hands with the man. He had olive skin pale brown eyes that were almost yellow and fading, black hair with hints of grey. "Looking beautiful as always Sophia" Adrain complimented as he kissed my mothers hand politely.

"This is my oldest son Dimitri unfortunately Zoe my daughter couldn't join today" Adrian informed as a blonde haired boy with the same pale brown eyes greeted my father with a handshake. He didn't have much resemblance to his dad except his eyes.

"This is my oldest son Alex and his wife
Ramneet, though you have already met and this is my youngest daughter Astrid" Father greeted pulling me by my arm in front of Adrian. "Hello Mr Ares" I smiled politely shaking his hand. "Call me Adrian" he corrected politely dropping my hand.

"My brother is a lucky man" Dimitri smirked obviously trailing his eyes down my figure. I pulled away from his glance with disgust. At least I won't be marrying him.

"Where is your brother" my mom asked. "he was delayed dealing with some business, but he should be arriving any moment." Adrain
explained politely smiling. This man had smiled more in 10 minutes than I have ever seen my father smile in 21 years. I wanted to desperately ask about his wife, but was interrupted my the doors opening.

A man strode into the room he wore a dark green suit with no tie and leather black loathers. As I soon as I saw his beautiful face and those dark hazel eyes my eyes widened with recognition. It was the guy from the bar!