Forever in the Mafia: II

Chapter 2: Summer break
Contains mature content and upsetting themes. Hope you enjoy reading💖

"Urgh remind me why I wanted to study economics" I complained as me and Bella walked slowly through the corridors towards the car park. "Because you gonna be a girl boss in the finance world" Bella muttered clutching her forehead. "Now shut up" she added.

"I warned you to not get drunk" . "I may have got drunk but I didn't do anything batshit crazy like throwing a drink on a beautiful specimen" Bella smirked.

I respond rolling my eyes as my cheeks taint slightly pink to the memory. "Anyways summer break is next week, where we gonna go?" Bella asked excited. "Everywhere in Europe and then the rest of the globe, but realistically nowhere" I replied my father would never let me go abroad. "However you should go to Greece with Lexi and Bee. It sounds fun" I offered.

"Without you" Bella frowned. "YES" I exclaimed. "No! It's so unfair your daddy wants you home" Bella sighed. "It's just my life and please don't say Daddy again" I grimaced whispering. My heart ached, I want you to explore everywhere bound the borders of New York. I loved the city but I wanted more.

"Daddy" she teased in a flirtatious tone. I screwed my face up in disgust as she laughed.

"Anyways I don't miss any of that mafia shit maybe except for the constant hot men guarding me" Bella whispered looking at Stiles who was casually leaning against the car as we reached the car park.

I rolled my eyes at Bella's obvious fawning. Stiles opened the door for me as I approached closer to the car. "Hi Stiles" Bella winked at Stiles playfully causing him to blush instantly and advert his eyes to me.

"Why have you always got to mess with him" I laughed looking at Stiles standing awkwardly with the car door open. "It's fun" she shrugged walking away to her baby blue fiat. I smiled and shaked my head as I entered the black Mercedes.

20 minutes later, we arrived home. I walked through the enormous front door to see 4 guards posted at every window of the foyer. I rolled my eyes at the heavy security as I dumped my bag on the table knowing a maid will take it away, then I went towards the study.

When I arrived I was first greeted by a tall bald man with a snake tattoo along the side of his head. I smiled politely as he stood there emotionless then knocked.

After a few short seconds Father answered coldly with a "come in". Hesitantly I opened the door and entered the dimly lit room.

My father was sitting in his brown leather chair behind the oak desk in his designer blue tux. "How was school Astrid" father asked not looking up from his paper work. "It was ok" I answered wearily.

"Ok let's get straight to the point. darling your now 21 years old, very grown up and independent. Ready to partake in more of the business" he told joining his two hands together in a fist on the table and looked up at me.

I agreed nodding my head slightly even though I really didn't want to involve myself any further in the mafia business.

"When your brother was killed (Rest in Piece) we knew instantly that Alex would be the next leader however you still have a chance as an heir" Father explained remaining in his seat.

I stood there. Me. Leader. Me and Alex knew it was between us now but I always thought I was never a choice, that Alex would automatically lead.

"You must be more involved with il infernos for a fair choice between you and Alex" he informed. "But...why me? Alex is a great leader and he's already in the business" I claimed. Why do I have to be considered?