chapter 12

Vote for more drama llama. :P

[Daniel's P

[Daniel's P.O.V]

"Hold this... " He chuckled as he handed me his favorite stuffed animal. "I'm already too old for that."

"Oh shut up, you're 12!" I chuckled. "But, thanks! I love Monsters Inc and I love Sulli!" I giggled, feeling giddy with the new stuffed toy I received from him. He always loves to give me stuff and even though sometimes he has nothing left for himself, he still gives way for others.

Like that one time when Paul Kennedy snuck my sandwich from my lunchbox, he gave his own lunch for me and I remembered how he made me stop crying by spending his last penny on a chocolate bar near the snackbar. I will never forget the things he had done for me.

He truly is my best friend.

"Do you really have to go?" I asked again, hoping that if I asked enough, a new answer would come up.

But sadly...

"I have to Daniel... I'm sorry. I promise to call you everyday, I will send pictures! It will be fun! And when I come back, I promise to bring the most famous Canadian snack I could ever find."

"Will it take long?" I pouted, feeling a little teary from being reminded of how many days are still left until his departure.

He faced me and cupped my face with his hands. "I promise it won't. If it did take long you can be mad with me until you feel like you're not anymore, I promise I'll be patient."

"But I don't want to be mad. You're my best friend!"

"And that's how it will be forever!" He cheered. "So don't be sad. It'll be shorter than you think."

"You promise?" I asked, raising a pinky finger.

"Three musketeers, you, me, and Jayden." He smiled. "I promise."

Buzz...

Buzz...

I was awakened by the faint vibration of my cell phone from the alarm I set up last night. It was still fairly early and the sun just started rising as unobtrusive sunlight touched the walls of Jayden's room.

Jayden.

He is still snoring faintly as he snuggled me in like a pillow inside his arms. I guess we both just fell asleep like this last night huh? I can't say I don't like the positions we're in right now. His body felt good against mine and I can't help but feel safe inside his grasp. Maybe it's not so bad?

I'm starting to get convinced that if I let him inside my heart, nothing really bad could happen...

We can be like this everyday.

Well, minus the raging boner he's having right now poking through those boxers and hitting my butt.

I noticed him twitch a little, still five feet deep in his peaceful sleep snuggling my body closer towards his.