prologue

An entirely new prologue just for all of you. Thank you so much for still supporting me in this journey. For those existing readers, thank you for the patience. The entire book will be done in no time (as I'm actually secretly in the middle of rewriting it). For those of you who are new, this was a book called "Double Pen***tion" and I hope you enjoy it. 

Vote to give #JusticeforDP

__

prologue

The drip of sweat in their chests glistened as the sun shines above them with a bliss of optimism and warmth. Much to the boys' innocence as they ran carefree beside the lake, no one was expecting the storm that was about to come.

Twelve year old Daniel never felt so happy. To have two best friends who are brothers, it almost made him feel that he's finally a part of something; a family. Contrary to what he thinks, Daniel actually has a pretty nuclear family but he's an only child which meant that his parents' attention was all on him. Everything he does and everything he wants to be, it was observed and supervised by his parents, especially his dad.

Today, Daniel never looked so happy. It seems like he actually found his true brothers... Jayden and Kayden.

The three boys giggled as they splashed each other fresh water from the lake. Kayden, who was always the most adventurous and the most deviant placed his hands on his hips and gave Daniel a daring look. "Hey Daniel, I dare you to climb that tree and jump from the branch towards the lake."

The naive and excited Daniel smiled and threw a playful punch on one of Kayden's arms. "What's in it for me?" He asks, always the smart and cunning one. Daniel never obeyed Kayden's dares unless there's something in return that will benefit him.

"If you do it, I will lend you my favorite pair of socks." Kayden winked.

Daniel felt more excited from the idea. He had always been nudging Kayden about his pair of socks. The piece of garment was colorful and vibrant and most importantly, it has a signature of their favorite basketball player from the Lakers. One night, the three of them together with Jayden and Kayden's father went to a basketball game and Kayden, being always the lucky one, brought a sock from the souvenir shop and got a star player to sign it from a random encounter.

"Better have that pair of socks!" He screamed as he ran, pushing Kayden away, towards the tree that he pointed at. Jayden, who was always behind the footsteps of his brother, just watched Daniel with an amused expression as he climbed the tree with blissful joy.

"Here goes nothing!" Daniel screamed from above and closed his eyes. He counted one to three in his mind and finally hopped from the branch as soon as he counted three. As he fell, adrenaline coursed through his body however, to his demise, he fell straight to a shallow part of the lake.