chapter 14

Vote and share bihhh! Here's to the OG book!

[Daniel's P.O.V]

I scoff in response, awkwardly pushing myself away from the fridge and to a much larger space away from him. I wanted to avoid this person as much as possible but I miscalculated the possibility of me bumping into him at this time of the night.

I don't know what to feel at this very moment. I wanted to feel anger but for some reason all I'm feeling now is weakness. It's almost like my knees are starting to give up on me as my whole body grows weak. It's been years but he still had that effect on me.

He smiles, his eyes glistening from the moonlight that hits them. "How are you?"

Composing myself, I put up the best smile that I can even if I know very well that it'll just dissipate after a few seconds. "We're good." Be strong Daniel. You can do this!

If I don't stay strong, my walls will fall down again and I'll get hurt again. I need to keep my walls high. I have to be fine.

For me, for Jayden...

And for Kayden as well.

"No..." He says again in a hush tone, stepping closer towards me again. "I mean you."

I gulp, looking for an exit point so that I can run away from his as soon as opportunity permits. "Why wouldn't I be fine?"

"I don't know... you seem mad. Are you mad? At me?"

Ugh. Stupid insensitive piece of a man! Why is he even asking if I'm mad?! What does he want me to say?! And what does he want to achieve in this little conversation? We have nothing to talk about!

"I really don't appreciate you holding me verbally hostage."

He seemed taken aback from my response.

Ugh, why do I feel bad all of the sudden?!

"Can I... uh, have a moment with you? Alone?"

"Should've done that years back." I sigh, walking away from the conversation. There's nothing to gain here honestly. And I don't want to approach him when I'm feeling like this, just a volcano waiting to erupt and explode. I don't want to ruin whatever's left of us with the words that's about to come out of my mouth.

I lost my appetite. Leaving my bed with Jayden was a mistake. Sleeping here was a mistake.

But he was too persistent and grabbed me by the wrist, stopping my tracks.

"What are you doing?" I grit through my teeth, glaring at him.

"Please. I can't sleep. Let's get out of here and get some coffee outside."

I look at him and consider the offer. Well, it looks like I'm not going anywhere anyway, with his hands tightly coiled around my wrist, there's no getting away from that. Perhaps it wouldn't be too bad?