Luna hesitated a moment. "Why does it mean so much to you?"

Amber wasn't sure if this was a trick question. If Hailey was right on what she had said Luna knew about her mother, she really shouldn't answer this question. But she would do anything for the necklace back.

"I think it might be connected to my mother," Amber told her. She was a bit timid, and was not for sure if Luna had heard her over the rush of the water.

She clearly did, though, as she giggled wickedly. "Your mother. Ah, and what do you know about your mother?"

"Not much. But I know you know something!" Amber fumed.

"Me?" Luna asked as she indicated to herself with her free hand as her other one was still busy dangling Amber's necklace in the air.

"Yes, you! What do you know? Where is she?!" The tears were now trailing down Amber's cheeks and she swore Luna was smiling at them.

"I ask the questions here. Who gave you this?" She demanded as she bounced the necklace on her finger as if to tease Amber; letting her know she wasn't afraid to toss it into the water.

Amber did not want Eva to get in any trouble. The girl was innocent. She only wanted to help Amber, but if Amber was going to get anywhere with her treasure, she must have it in her hands.

"If I tell you...you will give me it back, yes?" Amber offered. She prayed this would be a good deal.

Luna hesitated to think it over. "Yes, I promise," Luna told her with a nod.

Amber was timid in trusting her, but with one glance at the dangling burgundy heart, she told on her friend. "Eva. Eva gave it to me."

"Ah...Eva. I always knew she was a sneaky little thing."

"The necklace, please," Amber said as she let another tear fall.

Luna kept her side of the deal as she handed the necklace back to Amber. Amber took it and clutched it tightly, keeping her eyes on the grass beneath her. She was so close to loosing the only thing which gave her a sense of hope.

"Did she tell you where she got it?" Luna quizzed.

Amber glared up at the woman. "I'm not telling," she bravely told her.

Luna surprisingly did not tackle her to the ground and break every limb in her body. She only smiled and gently flung her elbows in the air. "So be it."

Luna brushed past her and entered the car once more. Amber stared after her but was puzzled on what to do next. She was practically shaking from the scare of almost loosing her necklace.

The car horn suddenly went off, and Amber took it as a hint to get in with Luna. She still held onto the necklace as she approached the car. Once inside, Luna took off without a word. She stayed that way the entire time as did Amber. She did not know what to even say to her if she were to speak. She truly hated the woman.

They soon reached the school, and Amber glared viciously at Luna before leaving the car. She kept a strong grip around the thin chain in her hands.

Once inside, she headed to her locker to get her books for first period and put her backpack away. There, she attempted to hook the necklace back around her neck, but could not. She found that the chain was broken. Luna must have torn it apart when she ripped it off Amber's neck.

Tears filled her eyes yet again and that's when she decided she could not handle all day at school. She thought about leaving the building and skipping, but knew if Luna caught her doing any other mischief, she would be killed.