Chapter thirty-eight

Chapter thirty eight: she's my mother.

***

Three weeks had passed since I found out that I had a father, it's been so hard because of the changes, I should've been used to changes by now; but still, it still felt new to me.

I was still living with Noah, Oliver visited us every weekend just like usual. We went to the court multiple times, she was given two life sentences for murdering my mother, and hiding our father. They wanted to give her the death penalty, but Noah did everything to avoid it from happening.

"You know she deserves to die, right?" Tyler told Noah.

"She's my mother, Tyler," Noah looked at Tyler with a serious look on his face.

"Do they allow the death penalty?" Luke's eyes widened.

"Yeah, only for those who deserve it," Noah replied. "Life sentence means that she can stay in prison for fifteen years with the chance of parole, however; the judge gave her two, which means that she is punished for the two things she's done, she can appeal the first one, but can't with the second."

"I'm so confused," I sighed.

"Let's just say that my mom will rot in prison," Oliver spoke.

(This conversation happened after the trial).

Back to where I was, I was sitting next to Chase who was busy scrolling through his Instagram. I was in their house, and my father was down in the living room, chatting with Joey and Eleanor. I looked at Chase, and a smile crept on my face. "Chase."

"What?" He raised a brow, looking at me, and closing his phone.

"You called the cops, okay? How come you hug me at 1:45 A.M?" I asked.

"Because I hugged you at 1:45 A.M that day, I comforted you that day," he replied. "When you lived with us, I made a promise to myself that every night I'd come over to your room, just to hug you at 1:45 A.M, just so you wouldn't feel alone."

I was surprised, I looked at him with so much love in my eyes, love for him. He was the main reason why I survived this crazy life. I was lost, he was my map. The way he lit up the room every time he entered. He knew me better than I know myself. He knew everything that goes on in my mind, the madness, the craziness, and he had the traits that every girl wished for in a guy. Loving him was hard, but he made it seem so easy.

No matter what this world throws at us, we'll dodge it and we'll get through it.

"We'll be alright," I whispered.

"I know we will be," Chase smirked. "You're so perfect, I'm lucky."

"Why are you lucky?" I chuckled.

"Because you're mine," he wiggled his eyebrows.

"No, I'm not," I shook my head. "You have to ask me again."

"Okay then," he shrugged, I looked at him, waiting for the question but he didn't say something.

"Should I sleepover?" I asked.

His eyes lit up, "of course!"

As I looked deeper into his eyes, the memories flooded in my head.

Flashback

Chase and I used to love the lake, we loved going there to express our feelings, not necessarily about each other, but the world. I had a speaker with me, and we played songs that adored. When I am with him, everything felt different to me. I couldn't stop staring at him, he was watching the birds fly high, while his lips were moving, he was telling me that he wished to be a bird to fly and not have to worry about being locked up. I wasn't paying attention, I was busy staring at his gorgeous face. He turned his head to face and caught me staring.