Chapter 14/I'm Ready

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"W-what?" I asked quietly.

"Shut the hell up!" He yelled at me. "It is all because of you. Your Mother left because of you. You were a terrible child."

"Dad please don't." I cried.

This wasn't the first time he had hit me and unfortunately it wasn't the last either.

"You deserve it!" He yelled.

Suddenly, I felt a fist collide with the side of my head. I fell to the floor feeling dizzy. He had never hit me this hard before.

"Apologize for what you did to this family!" He screamed at me.

Before I could get up from where I fell on the floor I felt his boot smash into my stomach.

"I said apologize!" He yelled once more.

He picked me up from the collar of my shirt. I could already feel blood running out of my mouth and my face starting to bruise.  

"I'm sorry Father." I squeaked out.

"Like hell you are."

One, two, three, four.

Four punches across my face. He let go of me. My body was limp. I couldn't even feel the pain anymore. The fourth punch just felt like a cold breeze of the wind.

One, two.

Two more kicks into the stomach.

I could feel my head starting to spin and the world starting to go black.

Due to the miserable consequences that followed, I didn't die that day.

My life could have all been over and I would be rid of my Father, but unfortunately I was saved and would be doomed to live with my Father until the rest of my days.

***End of Flashback***

I could've died that day and the last words I got out were 'I'm sorry Father'. I will never be sorry for anything else ever again.

"Billy you can't just do things like that and think it is okay." Elizabeth said. She turned around looking at me. "This is a partnership. We have to respect each other and each others wishes. We made this deal to benefit from each other." She stated to me clearly. "I will not be pushed around by men anymore." She told me.

"Okay French Braids...Wait what?" I stopped. "Men? Multiple?"

"I said you. I will not be pushed around by you anymore." She said shrugging off my hand and walking up the driving and to the front door.

"Wait!" I chased after her. She stopped slightly when she reached the front door. "Elizabeth...what do you mean men...is someone...is someone hurting you?"

"Forget it B." She said shortly. "Just leave. I'll see you tomorrow." She said then slammed the door in my face.

*** 

I couldn't stop thinking about French Braids or what she said before she slammed the door in my face. I couldn't focus on anything and working for the Sheriff's office was starting to get exhausting. He never gave me a specific date on when I can stop working for him. A month of work seems like good enough payment for a speeding ticket and suspension of license. 

"Hey Hargrove!"

"Yeah." I said lifting my head to be greeted with Officer Powell standing over my desk.

"What's up with you? You are totally zoning out today." He observed.

"I don't know..." I sighed.

I heard a laugh shortly after I looked back down in my lap.