“You had me at hello.”

She sigh as she look up at the sky. Damn, why do the sky look so beautiful tonight? Slowly, tears running down her rosy cheeks as she closed her eyes, trying to swallowing the whole bitter truth. She reminiscing to the incident that occurred minutes ago.

“When will you tell her?” She was about to twist the doorknob when she heard her mom’s voice tensed up. She froze at the door. ‘Tell me about what?’ She decided to eavesdrop them. What secret did they hid from her this time?

“Soon, after her 19th birthday.” She furrowed her eyebrows. What is going on here?

“How long do we have to keep faking like we are married couple?” she stunned. ‘What did she mean by faking it? They are not a couple? It’s not like I was thinking right?’ She leaned closer trying to listening clearly their conversations.
“It’s been 3 years! 3 years!” she continue. She can feel that her world slowly falling apart.
“Didn’t we agreed to tell her about it when she is 19 years old?” She can’t holding back and she decided to face them. 'I need to hear the truth from their own mouth, in front of me.'
“Is everything you said is true?” She asked with shaky voice as pushed the door. She look at them demanding for a further explanation. They seem startled. Her mom widened her eyes and turned her gaze toward her dad who froze on his seat. “I-I can explain.” She said make her way toward her. Not giving her chance to speak, she turned around and slammed the door hard as she left the house with tears running down her cheeks and a broken heart. She was so lost in thought that she don’t even know where her legs bring her to. She then snapped to reality and found herself at an empty park. She sat on a nearby bench and took a deep breath.

Why are they doing this to me?

She questioning herself with tears fall like stream. She wiped her tears away hoping they will fall no more and ruffles her long black hair with the other hand. Her vision blurry again and she burst into tears. And she sobbing not caring about her surroundings.

She feel a smooth tap on her shoulder and she lifted her face and saw a blonde haired boy standing in front of her handing a black coloured handkerchief to her.

“Hi.” He said.

She smiled lightly as respond. Don’t want to seem rude, she took it from his hand. “Thank you.” she said with soar voice. He took a seat beside her and his gaze fixed on her.

“You’re welcome.” He said and his lip curved as he smiled.  “Are you okay?” he asked. 'Of course she's not.' The blonde haired boy facepalming himself in his mind.

She bit her lips and sobbing. He come closer and hugged her. He pat her back to comfort her make her feel better. She tensed up when he embrace her with a warm hug but she didn’t push him as she feel comfortable in his arm. It’s weird but she feel safe despite the fact that she hugging a stranger. She break the hug as she calmed herself down. She wipes her tears with the handkerchief that he gave.

“Thank you.” she to the blonde boy, smiling slightly at him. She really appreciate the fact he comforts her even though they are stranger.

“It’s nothing. I’m glad I can be here for you.” His eyes turned into small crescent as he smiled. Just before he open his mouth to ask her more about herself, his phone rings.

                        Chan Hyung

'Damn, he’s gonna kill me.'
He thought to himself. He look at the girl and he smile awkwardly. “I wish I could stay here longer with you but I have to go.” He said before he pick up the phone and walk away. “It’s okay. Thank you again.” She said, smiling slightly. He mouthed “I’m sorry, bye.” And waved his hand to her. She chuckled and waved back.

She look at her phone to check the time and it’s currently 1030 p.m.  She is not ready yet to go home. She don’t want to see her parents. She stares at the sky and took a big breath. She walk toward her house and get in her room by climbing a tree beside her house. She don’t want to meet her parents. After cleaning herself, she flopped on her bed, wondering who is the boy are.

a/n to be honest I've been repeating "Close" since the day the song out. I wrote this while listening to his song. Don't forget to vote 💜