Chapter 21 - Answering For Her Crimes

Steven didn't know what to say. He looked down and saw Pink Diamond's gemstone on her stomach. It had lines covering it where the shards had been fused together. Where were the gems? Still inside of Pink Diamond?

"Steven?" Pink murmured softly. Her gaze was edged with confusion as her eyes darted around the room. "W- What happened? Why am I here? What are you-?" She stared at the destruction around her. She then turned back towards Steven, looking at him expectantly.

"M- Mom," Steven choked out. He struggled to find the words.

"I'm alive," Pink said. 

"You shouldn't be," Steven found himself saying. Pink stared at him, startled. "You.. you hurt everyone," Steven went on angrily. "Look at what you've caused!" Steven gestured to the room around him, screaming gems still echoing in the background. 

"Steven," Pink began to say.

"No," Steven interrupted, now feeling his emotions boiling up. "You've ruined everyone's lives!" Steven glanced around the room until he saw Spinel's grayed out, empty gemstone. Steven walked over and picked it up, holding it up for Pink to see.

"Steven," Pink murmured. "I never wanted you to find her..."

"I can tell," Steven spat. "You horrible, horrible person. Look at the mess you caused!" Steven held up Spinel's gemstone higher. "Face your problems for once in your life instead of leaving them for me, you coward!" Steven screamed and threw Spinel's gemstone at Pink. It hit her and immediately burst into a bright pink light. Steven and Pink lurched back in horror.

Spinel reformed and landed on the ground, facing Steven. "Steven?" Spinel choked out. "Did it work?" Steven stared at her. Apparantly just a simple touch to the gemstone could take their souls out of the shard now that Pink had formed. Spinel was back. "Did it work?" Spinel repeated. She realized something was wrong and turned around.

Spinel stood facing Pink Diamond. She felt everything inside her grow cold. She stared in horror. Pink didn't know what to say either.

"Spinel," Pink breathed out.

"P- Pink," Spinel was barely able to choke back. She saluted the Diamond. Steven watched her salute in anger.

"Spinel," Steven muttered. "Don't give her respect. Don't you remember what she did to you?"

"Oh, I didn't mean anything by it," Pink insisted with a bright smile. "I've missed you, Spinel." Spinel stared at her silently. "It was our game!" Pink grinned.

"Our... our game..." Spinel huffed. She clenched her fists. "Our game!?" Spinel screeched. "You put me through thousands of years of suffering for your stupid kink! You think I enjoyed being swallowed, farted on, sat on, eaten, and choked!? You have NO IDEA what I endured!!"

"Spinel," Pink continued. "You're being irrational."

"You hurt Steven!" Spinel cried in rage. "I've lived as a fusion with him now and seen all the horrible things you left him with! You only did so he could vore you! All you've ever done in your life is vore people! Maybe I was lucky to be left in the garden when you died! At least I didn't have to deal with the shit you left your son with!"

Pink stared at Spinel, unable to interrupt her.

"I HATE YOU!" Spinel spat in fury. She grew her fist and then shot it forward, slamming it into Pink Diamond and sending her crashing into the wall behind her. Pink let out a grunt of pain. She lifted her head and glared at Spinel before standing again. 

"Spinel," Pink muttered. "You know what happens when you complain."

Spinel's face immediately fell from rage to fear and she took a step back. "No," she pleaded. "I'm sorry. It won't happen again." Spinel knelt down.

Steven stumbled over and then placed his hand on Spinel's shoulder. Spinel looked up at him. "Spinel," Steven told her. "She doesn't own you anymore. She doesn't own me anymore." Spinel smiled and grabbed onto Steven's hand. She nodded. The two lit up and combined to form Rhodolite. 

"We own her now," Rhodolite muttered. She stretched her arms outward and wrapped them around Pink Diamond. Pink let out a scream of fear, not expecting their revolt.

"What!?" Pink cried. "Let go! This was all just a game; I didn't want to hurt anyone!"

"Well guess what, Rose?" Rhodolite hissed, tightening her grip. "Let's play a new game." Rhodolite slammed Pink into the floor and then leaped on top of her. Pink attempted to summon her shield and knock Rhodolite off, but it wouldn't work. Rhodolite was pushed back, but held on by extending her arms. She simply slinked around the shield and landed back on Pink again, no matter how many times Pink tried.

Pink struggled desperately but Rhodolite held her tightly. Rhodolite shoved Pink's head as hard as she could into the floor. Pink began crying in pain. Rhodolite extended one of her legs and picked up a piece of wall that had broken off the ceiling of the destroyed palace. She shoved it under Pink's face and Pink's tears pooled up on it. Then, Rhodolite set it off to the side to heal Pearl with later. Rhodolite then went back to business.

Pink continued to struggle but couldn't escape. Rhodolite then let go, jumped back, and punched her into the wall. Pink had no time to react. Rhodolite slammed punch after punch. "This is for everything you've done to us!" Rhodolite screamed in fury. Rhodolite then grabbed onto Pink's leg and swung her around before throwing her back into the wall. Pink was crying in pain and struggled to speak.

Rhodolite finally stopped and stared at her. Pink looked up at her in pure pain. "I'm sorry," she choked out.

"Too bad," Rhodolite spat. Rhodolite summoned her scythe and sliced Pink Diamond in half. Pink didn't even have time to cry out in terror. Pink blew up into smoke, poofing. Her gemstone fell down to the floor, and as soon as it hit the ground, the twelve shards broke apart again and scattered across the floor.

Rhodolite took a deep breath. It was over. A sense of peace overcame her. She wrapped her arms around herself and fell to the ground. "We're safe," Rhodolite murmured.

After sitting for a minute, Rhodolite got up and gathered up Pearl's shards. She dropped them all together in the puddle of Pink's tears she had gathered up. Then, she went into a cupboard in the corner of the room. Some Diamond essence was stored inside. She then placed a drop of each into the tears.

With a flash of light, Pearl was back. A large scar ran across her face, but otherwise, she was completely fine. "Rhodolite," Pearl gasped in shock. "W- what happened? Was I... shattered? Where's Bluebird?"

Rhodolite simply put a hand on Pearl's shoulder. "Bluebird's gone," she sighed contently. "We've got a lot of rebuilding to do though. Help me gather up Pink's shards, and let's go home. Everything is okay."

Pearl looked around at the destruction around her before bursting into tears. She fell into Rhodolite's arms and the two cried and hugged for a long time.