Chapter 1 - New Life

The Sun beamed down from the heavens above, dappling a yellow-orange light on a pale-colored car drifting down the road. Rhodolite sat inside, gripping the steering wheel. Her magenta heart-shaped gemstone twinkled as the light hit it.

Rhodolite was on her way home, finally heading back to visit the Temple and her old friends, Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl, after two months on the open road. It would be Autumn soon, and Rhodolite wanted to visit before traveling became difficult. 

The last two months had been amazing. Rhodolite had been constantly learning new stuff about her all the time! She had found a new power. She could summon an electric scythe with blades that could also combine to form a shield.

After one last hour of driving, Rhodolite finally entered Delmarva. She turned off the toll route and stopped at a booth to pay. She was shocked to see Nephrite staring back at her.

"Centi!" Rhodolite exclaimed in joy, still used to her old nickname. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, Rhodolite!" Nephrite cheered back. "How have you been? I haven't seen you since the whole 'end-of-the-world' incident."

"Oh, I've just been touring the open road, ya know?" Rhodolite chuckled, waving her hand.

"Anything interesting?" Nephrite asked. 

"Well I did have an incident that was pretty funny," Rhodolite nervously laughed. "Some human kept taking pictures of my gemstone, probably hadn't seen a gem before. Well, I got a lil' upset and kinda summoned my new weapon-" Rhodolite smiled proudly, "-and kinda threw it at a support beam and knocked a whole building down or whatever. But don't worry, my dad's a millionaire, I payed for the whole thing!"

Nephrite stared uncomfortably back. "So what have you been up to!?" Rhodolite asked, changing the subject.

"Well, I got a job here because it feels simple and safe," Nephrite responded curtly. Then, car horns started sounding from behind as a line began forming. 

"Well I should probably get goin'," Rhodolite quickly said, threw money at Nephrite, and drove off.

Rhodolite finished the last ten minutes of her journey and finally arrived at Beach City. "Ah... home..." Rhodolite breathed out. Then, she arrived at her destination: the Temple. Parking in the sand, Rhodolite stepped outside and took a deep breath of the cool ocean air. "I missed this place..." Rhodolite walked up the stairs to the beach house and knocked on the door.

Immediately, Garnet and Amethyst opened up, cheering, "RHODOLITE!"

"Hey, guys," Rhodolite greeted with a smile.

"We've been so excited to see you," Amethyst said with a smile. "Come on in!"

Rhodolite stepped into the house and Garnet and Amethyst sat down on the couch with her. She sunk back into the soft cushions and breathed a sigh of content.

"So how's your new life?" Garnet asked.

"Everything's wonderful!" Rhodolite cheered. "And check this out!" Rhodolite stood up and summoned her scythe. Garnet and Amethyst stared at it with their eyes shining and then clapped. 

"Nice, Rhodi!" Amethyst exclaimed.

Rhodolite poofed it away and sat back down. "It's awesome! I also have my floating powers and haven't had any pink outbursts at all! Everything's wonderful!"

"Awesome," Garnet said.

"So, uh," Rhodolite brought up. "Where's Dad and Pearl?"

"Greg is out shopping right now," Garnet answered. "Pearl is..." Garnet trailed off and she and Amethyst exchanged a look.

"What?" Rhodolite asked, suddenly concerned. "Is something wrong?"

"Pearl hasn't been acting.. right.. lately..." Amethyst murmured sadly. "She keeps hiding from us." Garnet nodded glumly.

"It's her business, so I don't use my future vision to check out what's wrong," Garnet explained. "But something tells me we shouldn't bother her. Do not go into the bathroom."

"Well I miss her!" Rhodolite protested. "I need to see she's okay!"

"Rhodolite!" Garnet called after Rhodolite had leaped up and run to the bathroom.

Rhodolite pulled on the door handle, but it was locked. Pearl could be upset about something! Rhodolite thought, nervous. I should help her! Rhodolite summoned her scythe and knocked the door down. Rhodolite immediately dropped her scythe. It hit the ground and vanished. Rhodolite stared in horror.

Pearl was holding one of Steven's old shirts under her bum... and farting. She was farting brutally. Gas clouds erupted out of the room and Pearl's booty was vibrating at immense speeds as farts erupted out. Pearl turned and saw Rhodolite. 

They both screamed.